cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data not working after paying the $10 top up

dreamboats198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I'm used to have data as an add on for within CA. 2 days back I paid CAD10 online for the 200MB data add on but until now its not picking up the signal. My APN is already set to public mobile ( sp.mb.com). When i try using the data it says  YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THE WEB with a whole list of reasons which dont make sense like my plan has expired or there is fraud  or that I am in the USA. This doesnt make any sense. Appreciate some urgent help

14 REPLIES 14

dreamboats198
thanks, got it working now with those steps. Just presumed that at the time of paying the funds would automatically go towards the data

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dreamboats198 any updates?  It sounded like you hadn't completed the second step of the add-on purchasing process.  Simply topping up your account is not the complete process.  See this info from @Dunkman:

@Dunkman wrote:

@dreamboats198 

Here is the two step process to getting add ons:

Self-Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rh66 wrote:

data not working is a public mobile problem documented 10x over here

If you haven't still heard back yet from the moderators, maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick, log into your account, click plans and add-ons, select lost/phone, opt for suspension, log out,

wait a few minutes log back in and report found.  Log out then reboot phone, turn it back on and log back into your account to see if it has reset/refreshed the account.  Unless you've already tried this then you'll have to wait for the moderators to respond.

rh66

data not working is a public mobile problem documented 10x over here

@dreamboats198 

Here is the two step process to getting add ons:

Self-Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

@dreamboats198, did you complete the addon process?  it's two step.

Once to add the money, then go back to apply the addon.

dreamboats198

Yes it is active and the 10 bucks have been charged on my card. Still no luck with accessing data

dreamboats198

Thanks, I reached out to them yesterday, still awaiting a concrete answer

dreamboats198

thanks for your reply. Now that you mentioned it- yes I have a 10$ credit which probably wasnt there earlier. But the $10 I paid PM ( already charged on my card) was for urgent data on my phone not to sit as a credit. 

Any remedies?

dreamboats198

I'm considering the same-used to have Chatr earlier and was much easier to speak to someone for tech support. Probably worth paying the extra buck

codyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

they are having some extreme data issues right now. they wont' even reply to my messages about my plan is supposed to have 8.5 gigs of data but didn't even give me any. , switching tommorow to chatr or lucky if they don't get back to me. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 wrote:

Hi, I'm used to have data as an add on for within CA. 2 days back I paid CAD10 online for the 200MB data add on but until now its not picking up the signal. My APN is already set to public mobile ( sp.mb.com). When i try using the data it says  YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCESS THE WEB with a whole list of reasons which dont make sense like my plan has expired or there is fraud  or that I am in the USA. This doesnt make any sense. Appreciate some urgent help

Is your base plan active?  Add-on can't used if the account is suspended.  I am guessing and that's why I ask.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dreamboats198 wrote:

@dreamboats198 To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamboats198  - When you log into your self serve portal, does your add-on show in the Plan and Add-ons section?  By any chance is there $10 in your account balance that you cannot otherwise explain?  Are you sure you performed the 2 step procedure for purchasing add-ons?

Need Help? Let's chat.