cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complications

Jorja-White
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve recently just activated a sims card with you guys but I don’t have service, was just wondering why

55 REPLIES 55

@KMN wrote:

Too much work. I tried on/off once. This company needs a real person to talk to. I am going with Telus. Hope to get a PM refund but if I don't it's good riddance. So ridiculous. Bye Bye PM.

Ok too bad...enjoy telus and spend an hour or two on the phone waiting to speak to an agent. I just left them after 20 years and I reduced my bill by 60 % add in my rewards and my bill is 90% cheaper. But you pay for what you get...btw...no refunds at public mobile. I would say from experience  you need an equal amount of patience with either provider. I'll take the community  over a phone agent any day.

KMN

Too much work. I tried on/off once. This company needs a real person to talk to. I am going with Telus. Hope to get a PM refund but if I don't it's good riddance. So ridiculous. Bye Bye PM.

@Jorja-White wrote:

Yes they took the money out of my bank account last night and it hasn't worked since last night and I'm getting mad about it 

@Jorja-White  This must be getting a little confusing for you. As well as I can follow you have tried all the suggestions and public mobile is showing up in your settings. Make sure you have chosen that network. Try rebooting one more time to see if you get any service at all. Have someone try context and call you if it doesn't come thru ask them if they got any kind of message. Waiting for the moderators is really all you can do at this point. If there was an error in the info entered it will completely  prevent any service but as soon as a moderator reaches out the fix will only take a short amount of time. A little patience and they will fix it.

While waiting for moderator help...try cycling phone off / on.

@Ludditeprovided some valuable suggestions...make sure to try them all. Any one of these suggestions could kick-start a reluctant plan.

Keep us posted...good luck.

@KMN wrote:

I dd not get an error message. The screen just sat there. Yes I was logged in at the time. Thanks for replying. I have sent a private message to the moderators. I am very frustrated. 

KMN

Thank you. Any chance you could post the thread link?

KMN

I dd not get an error message. The screen just sat there. Yes I was logged in at the time. Thanks for replying. I have sent a private message to the moderators. I am very frustrated. 

@KMN wrote:

PM has taken money out of my credit card and I still have no service after 18 hrs. I have "chatted" with SIMon and he has sent the moderator form but when I fill it out I am unable to send it. It just sits there on my screen and won't go. Please help!

Click this to message moderator

@Jorja-White @KMN Try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, you need assitance from the moderators. To submit a ticket click the ? on the lower right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit a ticket" and follow the directions to do so.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KMN wrote:

Same thing for me. They asked to submit a ticket and I filled out the form but it will not send. 

Do you get an error message?

Were you logged in to the community when you tried to submit the ticket?

If you can't submit a ticket you can try sending the mods a private message. Be sure to include as much info as possible. For info on the mods and how to contact them check here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

KMN

PM has taken money out of my credit card and I still have no service after 18 hrs. I have "chatted" with SIMon and he has sent the moderator form but when I fill it out I am unable to send it. It just sits there on my screen and won't go. Please help!

KMN

Same thing for me. They asked to submit a ticket and I filled out the form but it will not send. 

Jorja-White

Yes they took the money out of my bank account last night and it hasn't worked since last night and I'm getting mad about it 

Hi all, merged

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite ok,  all the questions you guys are asking have already been asked and answered in the older tread 

@GR wrote:

@Luddite  there's another thread from this afternoon with the same questions from @Jorja-White   can you merge them together? 

Best to leave them separate I think. They are longish threads and merging is not always logical; I means creates confusion sometimes.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jorja-White wrote:

why in my setting does it say public mobile but i have no service or anything

Login to your account.  Is your account status active?

If yes, what phone are you using?

Your phone may not work with PM.

Put your PM SIM card in another phone to test it.  This will isolate whether your have hardware problem or PM network problem.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite  there's another thread from this afternoon with the same questions from @Jorja-White   can you merge them together? 

@Jorja-White wrote:

a) What is make/model of your phone?

b) Reboot your phone with the SIM installed and report exactly the message that shows.

@Jorja-White wrote:

How long have you been without service? 

Try restarting your phone.  Also try powering off phone, remove SIM and wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart phone.

Jorja-White

@Jorja-White wrote:

yeah, they charged me and i got an email from them so 

Looking at all the solutions regarding IPhones and no service 99% sure it's a provisioning problem. Only the moderators can help. Have a cup of coffee maybe a little brunch? Just keep an eye on your messages.

@Jorja-White , @GinYVR has answered a lot of difficult iphone questions.

@Jorja-White  click on the ?

Yesterday a few people said they heard back from the moderators within an hour so let us know how it goes

Jorja-White

yeah, they charged me and i got an email from them so 

@GR wrote:

@Jorja-White  sounds like it's a provision issue of you're sure your credit card was charged and you got the welcome email from public mobile!  You have to click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chatbot and get a ticket started to talk to the Moderator_Team 

I agree get on the horn with that weasel Simon.. .keep it simple as he is ask to speak to a human then pick the best options?.thesooner you get a ticket in the better. We 'll come up a couple other things you may try but you'll have to wait maybe a day or two but it's early they might get back to you today they were pretty good yesterday in response time.

@Jorja-White  sounds like it's a provision issue of you're sure your credit card was charged and you got the welcome email from public mobile!  You have to click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chatbot and get a ticket started to talk to the Moderator_Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

And when you get any service if data is affected you have to go into iTunes and do something...turn it off? IPhone people?

I have a weird brain separation when I read that it's an Apple product. I've learned to just step away for fear of spreading misinformation. So I leave Apple things to "IPhone people". 🙂

And your 100% sure you had a successful activation....did you activate in store? As in do you have your accounts up And accessible?

@darlicious wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Here's a few things to try:

https://www.ikream.com/2019/09/how-to-fix-no-service-error-on-apple-iphone-xr-calling-and-texting-se...

Yes this is great for IPhone....especially check network settings and updates....

And when you get any service if data is affected you have to go into iTunes and do something...turn it off? IPhone people?

Need Help? Let's chat.