cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing account

shawmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do i close the account without porting the number?

5 REPLIES 5

It probably also depends on region. Canadian consumer law gives customers the right to return (almost) any purchased item to the vendor for refund - you usually don't even have to state any reason beyond "I am not satisfied with the product". But telecomm services get special treatments, as do the prepaid cards (or "gift cards" ) used to pay for them, with varying details or conditions in different provinces.

If you make big enough noises about small enough monies they'll often just pay you out, twenty or thirty bucks is not worth all the hassles and time and (labour) costs for them to defend, nor the stress and time and (legal/bureaucratic) costs for you to pursue. Most people hate being obstinate but there's always some who thrive on it (and always some who have no other choices left). 

@Korth wrote:

You can request a refund through the PM Mods. Then (if you've been denied the refund but you really insist on escalating) you can file a complaint with the CCTS.

It's still quite unlikely that you'll receive a refund - because you already "agreed" to prepaid policy in Terms of Service, etc - but it's also not entirely unheard of. 

Success depends on reason for refund request. If it's because service not working, there could be a case. If it's because it's not need anymore, I don't see it happening.

You can request a refund through the PM Mods. Then (if you've been denied the refund but you really insist on escalating) you can file a complaint with the CCTS.

It's still quite unlikely that you'll receive a refund - because you already "agreed" to prepaid policy in Terms of Service, etc - but it's also not entirely unheard of. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shawmail Since PM is a prepaid service, you cannot activate and just close it the next day. You can just leave your account as is (auto pay disabled) and it will close automatically after plan expiry + 90 days. You will not get any refund since its prepaid service. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shawmail wrote:

how do i close the account without porting the number?

Delete your autopay credit card from your account.  

You account will be exipred or suspended after no payment.

90 days after suspension, your account will be closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.