choose phone number

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ii want to activate my phone , but i don't know to choose phone number

7 REPLIES 7

kapid11

Hey, @holden2021 !

When you sign up for and activate a Public Mobile account with a brand new SIM card, if you follow the steps on the account creation page, once you finish, you will be directed to a page where you can choose a New Phone Number or you can port-in an existing Phone Number you currently have from another provider. 

Here is a link with some instructions on how to choose your phone number OR port-in an existing phone number from your previous provider: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

You may have to contact the Moderator Team if you are looking to port-in your old number, especially if it is a pre-paid number & from Koodo. If you need to contact the Moderator Team you can ask for "Moderator Team" into the Virtual Assistant chatbot in the link following: https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/chatbot

Just as a heads up, you may want to keep handy the following information of the account of your old provider and also make sure that your account with your old provider is still active at the time of your port-in. 

- Phone Number

1 of the following:
Account Number (Of your old provider), PIN, or the IMEI of the device/ESN

As well as some of the following:

- Your Public Mobile Phone Number

- Last payment you made on your account & its date

- Email associated with your Public Mobile Account

- Public Mobile Account Number

- Last 4 digits of your credit card used to make payment

- Last add-on you purchased & its date

I have attached some screenshots of what Page 1 of the Account Activation process looks like if you need further clarification for familiarity. Please see them below. 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

CheersScreen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.20.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.20.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.21.05 PM.png

@holden2021 During one of the steps in the activation process you choose your new number. After picking the province/city you are given - think 5 random numbers. Then you can keep clicking to "more" and see another 5. You can keep doing this many times, I have not ecountered a limit.

holden2021

new one

holden2021

how many numbers can i get to choose?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@holden2021   While activating your sim card there will be a section to get a number. During activation is the only time you are also allowed to try and pick the last 4 digits of the number you want. If you ever wanted to change your number in future through your account (which PM allows one change per 30 days) the option to select last 4 digits is not available.

Unless you're want to port a number in? If so there will be a section to transfer the number over.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are you wanting to port in an existing number or select a new one ?

Need Help? Let's chat.