cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check requirements

roymcsheffrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am looking at getting your $50/8GB plan. This is for my cottage and I need to know what band it uses for 3G data and what speed will it be. I currently need a cell booster (Bands 5 and 17) for present operation. Also what LTE bands does it support. My postal code is j0x2j0. Tks Roy

7 REPLIES 7

roymcsheffrey

I'm currently only getting about 2.5mbps  now with bell high (slow) speed internet, and its costing me $65 a month.  I figure I can whittle down my usage enough to get by on 8 GB of data.  Thank you very much for your info.  Roy

zero_gravity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@roymcsheffrey wrote:

Thanks for the info. Now does anyone know the approx. download speed that can be achieved using 3G, I know this is dependant on the signal strenght, but assuming -110 dbm's, that's about all I can get with my booster. Tks Roy

I find I get around 3 mbit give or take. Plenty for web browsing, etc. It's tasks such as streaming that I'd want faster.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@zero_gravity wrote:

FYI when you pick a 3G plan, you will still connect to the LTE network if available just as if you had purchased LTE data. Your network speed is simply throttled to the speed of 3G.

This confused me as well when I recently switched to 3G speed. PMs site does not explain this well.

Thankfully as the LTE latency is much better than HSPA! 

roymcsheffrey

Thanks for the info. Now does anyone know the approx. download speed that can be achieved using 3G, I know this is dependant on the signal strenght, but assuming -110 dbm's, that's about all I can get with my booster. Tks Roy

zero_gravity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FYI when you pick a 3G plan, you will still connect to the LTE network if available just as if you had purchased LTE data. Your network speed is simply throttled to the speed of 3G.

This confused me as well when I recently switched to 3G speed. PMs site does not explain this well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roymcsheffrey wrote:

I am looking at getting your $50/8GB plan. This is for my cottage and I need to know what band it uses for 3G data and what speed will it be. I currently need a cell booster (Bands 5 and 17) for present operation. Also what LTE bands does it support. My postal code is j0x2j0. Tks Roy

Did you check the compatibility checker under Get Started above? If not listed let us know the make/model/submodel and someone here can figure things out for you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@roymcsheffrey wrote:

@roymcsheffrey  For 3G PM uses band 2 and band 5. For LTE PM uses Bands, 2, 4, 5,7,12,13,17 and 29.

PM uses Telus and Bell towers so best to check the map here

Need Help? Let's chat.