cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged three times for plan change on Jan 17/2019

Harry707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had unlimited voice plan, System charged $20 Jan 17/2019. I changed plan to unlimited voice/text, system charged $25 Jan17/2019. I changed plan to data/voice/texty, system charged $35 Jan 17/2019. I should have a credit back for $20+$25, in my account, since I am keep voice/data/text. I need help to get credit in my account

14 REPLIES 14

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Harry707, so just trying to understand, why did you change your plan so many times in a short period.  Why didn't you just get the talk/text/data from the beginning?

Anyways, as I've also learned through this forum, once you purchase plan that 's the plan you are stuck with until the end of your cycle, if you change plans before your cycle comes up then you lose the amount you put in and gotta pay full price for the new plan you are looking to change to.  So unfortunately all that money is gone now.

Maybe see if the MODS can do you this one favour, but I highly doubt it.  

Carld123

@Anonymous

For got to add "for you".....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carld123 wrote:

@Harry707

Unfortunately being a self serve system it does what you tell/request it to do..and you have to read every detail closely..as for customer service,its pretty clear that there is and wont be anything different than whats offered..

I would say that that is the entire benefit of a self-serve system...not unfortunately. I wish there were more self-serve capabilities. Renew plan immediately, see whole SIM #, add cc's in 611 etc.

With what they have though, the text needs to be more clear.

But yeah t'ain't no call centre round these parts.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anytime you change plans it calls for payment right away. It's not like post paid where you change plan and pay later. In order to change plan and use service must pay in advance. If your coming from Post paid carrier and didn't know how prepaid works, there is nothing PM could do. It's much like gas stations that ask you to pay before you can fill your tank. It can only be done after payment. No payment no plan change.

Carld123

@Harry707 wrote:

I thought system would adjust, I will receive credit/refund for plan not used. Would you pay for item, which you have not used?. If PB mobile has call centre, this would not happen?

@Harry707

Unfortunately being a self serve system it does what you tell/request it to do..and you have to read every detail closely..as for customer service,its pretty clear that there is and wont be anything different than whats offered..

GreatCanadian

@Harry707 this is all on you, so admit your mistake and politely ask the moderators if anything can be done to help. They are very good about these things, but be polite, explain YOUR error, and ask if they can do anything about it. Blaming Public Mobile for YOUR mistake won't get you anywhere.

GC

@Harry707, if you read, rather than ignored the second chance dialogue box, you would have seen that your previous plan would be forfeited immediately, including one of which is the 'value' of your previous plan.  You had the chance (twice) to cancel, and select to change on your next renewal.

This is how the prepaid system at Public Mobile works.  You made the mistake, legally, Public Mobile has no responsibility to refund your mistakes, as they have provided you with the services as agreed to in the terms of service.  Perhaps you haven't read that either?

Harry707

I thought system would adjust, I will receive credit/refund for plan not used. Would you pay for item, which you have not used?. If PB mobile has call centre, this would not happen?

@Harry707, this is an error on your part, not Public Mobile’s.  You are not entitled to any refund or credit.  You made the purchase of a plan change twice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harry707 wrote:

I will send my phone to Moderator team

I think what Murco is saying is....not your phone...a private message.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good luck!

Harry707

I will send my phone to Moderator team

@Harry707 wrote:

I had unlimited voice plan, System charged $20 Jan 17/2019. I changed plan to unlimited voice/text, system charged $25 Jan17/2019. I changed plan to data/voice/texty, system charged $35 Jan 17/2019. I should have a credit back for $20+$25, in my account, since I am keep voice/data/text. I need help to get credit in my account

Z10user4 metnions how when you change the plan immediately, it forfeits what you've already paid and abandons the old plan.

In a nutshell, to everyone, never do multiple plan changes like that.

Harry707, I am guessing that January 17th was when your payment was due for original $20 plan.  If that's true, by changing to the $25 plan, you forfeited the $20 paid for the first plan.  Then, when you changed to the $35 plan, you forfeited what you paid for the $25 plan.

Unfortuantely, the billing system did exactly what it was desinged to do.

Public Mobile does warn customers that you will lose the features of the old plan. However, they do not specifically tell customers in that warning that you will not receive any credit for the plan that you are abandoning.  I hear that the warning message for immediate plan changes will be changed soon to reflect that.

I hope that the moderators can refund you, or at least provide an account credit since you never were able to use the first 2 plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harry707 wrote:

Immediate plan changes immediately forfeit what has been paid for the previous plan.

The fact that you have done these changes so quickly, *maybe* the moderators might do some goodwill for you. Unless you've been here for a while then maybe you ought to have known this.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.