cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged my card 5 time how do i apply for a refund

Eileenbrown45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when trying to get set up it never gave us a confirmation number that it charged are card so kept trying to get it set up it charged my card 5 time 40.25 how do i get a refund as it not crediting  me off my account it billed my card again for the monthly fee

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Eileenbrown45 

Wow, PM charged $201.25.

You should contact a moderator as noted by everyone by clicking the SIMon chat button and create a ticket for the moderator to investigate. 
The moderator may give you a refund or add the balancing amount as credit on your self serve account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eileenbrown45 wrote:

when trying to get set up it never gave us a confirmation number that it charged are card so kept trying to get it set up it charged my card 5 time 40.25 how do i get a refund as it not crediting  me off my account it billed my card again for the monthly fee

Hello @Eileenbrown45 ,

Just checking...are the extra charged PENDING credit card charges? If so, the additional charges will probably fall away once your credit card company completes the authorized charges.

If there was extra charges, infact, made, is the extra funds showing in your Available Funds balance in your Self Serve account? Or when you call 611 it can tell you the balance there as well. 

Note: any Available Funds balance will get used first when your plan renews. So it could be possible to leave a balance there and it will used on upcoming renewals of your plan.

You were already provided methods to contact the Moderators, so if you were really charged too many times (5 times?) unbeknownst to you, then you could inquire about the mistake for a refund.

@Eileenbrown45 

When you activated with the $35 plan did you use the promocode 2GBBONUS for the bonus 2gb of monthly plan data as long as you don't change your rate plan? If not you can ask the moderators to add it to your account at the same time as you ask for your refund. The referral code too for the $10 bonus credit if you forgot that as well.

@Eileenbrown45 

If you don't get along with simon like me then send a private message using this guideline.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Eileenbrown45 

For this you must contact a moderator and they aim to refund your card within 3 to 5 business days.  Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type overcharged activation and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.