cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing my profile info

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a login for the community chat. Not a customer yet, but will be in the next few days. Is there any way I can change my profile name in the chat? I can't seem to edit any changes

9 REPLIES 9

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman wrote:

I have a login for the community chat. Not a customer yet, but will be in the next few days. Is there any way I can change my profile name in the chat? I can't seem to edit any changes

Late to this thread. Why not just create a new Community account and stop using this one. It will disappear if you stop posting with it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@marywaterman  you cannot change username by yourself. If it’s really important to change your username you can try to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to change it for you (include your account# or phone#, your account PIN )to help speed up the identification process.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @marywaterman

When you log in to the Community, click on the photo icon to your right and click on "My Settings", do you see an option to change your username?

If so, this would be where your modification can be made.

Should this not be the case, please let me know, so I can further assist you 🙂

Regards,

Ashley

@Ashley_T, this is not an option for regular users in the community forum.

I confirm it is not an option for regular members, you will need to contact the MODs.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hey @marywaterman

When you log in to the Community, click on the photo icon to your right and click on "My Settings", do you see an option to change your username?

Regards,

Ashley

@Ashley_T, this is not an option for regular users in the community forum.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Wow... I just learned something new 🙂  I had no idea that existed!

I didn't think users could change their name.  I saw that area but only after I was an Oracle I could see that I could change it I think lol

Ahh... that might explain it, as I've just become an Oracle.  Well, I'm not changing it now, that's for sure.  I'd probably lose my status! (j/k...maybe...)

@stonechucker wrote:

I didn't think users could change their name.  I saw that area but only after I was an Oracle I could see that I could change it I think lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @marywaterman

Regards,

Ashley

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@marywaterman wrote:

I think you have to message the moderators for that and I am not sure if they will do it.  In your case you obviously used your real name as a username so that is what you can  say is that you don't want your real name out there. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern) More info on moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.