cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing greeting on voicemail

kevin1951
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, by accident i have used my PIN # as a greeting on my voicemail that is when my voicemail is activated the first you hear is "you have reached { my PIN #} in my own voice,then a generic voice " please leave a message after the tone" I have tryed numerous ways of trying to elimate my PIN # at the beginning of the message. It would be great if someone could help me. I am a new suberscriber and the phone is a samsung a11

8 REPLIES 8

Lindsaylee

Thank you for your kind reply

Lindsaylee

I had trouble with this same issue, never did figure it out so I will be interested to finding the answer.

kevin1951

many thanks!!!

@kevin1951 

Call your voicemail. Either by simply dialing your cell number or by calling (your area code -580-5001)

Press 4 for personal options

Press 4 to modify personal preference

Press 3 to access recorded name

Then you can hear your name by pressing 1, or 2 to re-record your name or delete your name by pressing 3

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevin1951 

4 then 4 then 3

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kevin1951 wrote:

HI, by accident i have used my PIN # as a greeting on my voicemail that is when my voicemail is activated the first you hear is "you have reached { my PIN #} in my own voice,then a generic voice " please leave a message after the tone" I have tryed numerous ways of trying to elimate my PIN # at the beginning of the message. It would be great if someone could help me. I am a new suberscriber and the phone is a samsung a11

• From the handset, dial 1+ the 10-digit phone number + Send.
    or
  • From a landline, dial the 10-digit phone number and press the star key to interrupt the system greeting
  •  Enter password when prompted
  • Press 3 for Greetings options
  • Press 1 for Personal Greetings options

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @kevin1951 ,

Checkout these articles for voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-voicemail-greeting

esjliv_0-1603236095005.png

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kevin1951 

When you call your voicemail it will allow you to change your greeting and rerecord it. Press 3 then press 1.

Need Help? Let's chat.