changed my plan now phone doesn't work

kainer84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan now texting and calls don't work help me

16 REPLIES 16

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kainer84

I'd also recommend restarting your device and see if that helps. If it's already passed the 48 hours or so since you changed your plan and you have also restarted your phone, you might want to contact a Moderator for some further assistance. I don't know if resetting your network settings might also help.

Here's a link on how to do so if you need some guidance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Restart your phone. If doesn't work it's possible it's a glitch in the PM system. If that's the case contact a mod and they wi help. I had that issue few months back and mods really helped out. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just for clarity - I am trying to gather a pattern

What plan were you on and cost?
What plan did you move to and cost?
Is autopay enabled?
Did you use the option to 'Change at next renewal' or 'Change now'?

I recently opened a new temp plan that I used for my wife in the US. Now that we are back, I have 'downgraded' this plan to the $10 plan for next renewal. I am curious to see what happens.

Side note - opening a new PM plan strickly for USA Roaming was cheaper (and easier) than using a local SIM and much cheaper than Koodo roaming.  

ahmad1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First thing to try when you have such problems is always to restart your device

@kainer84, seeing the info in your payment history would helps help you.  Wé'd still like to ensure that this is the actual problem.

@kainer84 wrote:

thanks alot I'll try this

Good Luck, it may take 48-72 hrs for a reply as they are very busy. If you would like to carry on in the meantime we may be able to help you understand everything a little bit better.

kainer84

thanks alot I'll try this

@kainer84

Sometimes when a person downgrades their plan, there is a glitch in the system that prevents re-activation at the lower plan.  You will likely need to contact moderator.  It will take about 48 hours for moderator to respond though.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Most likely you will need mods to intervene if you have tried the a obove suggestions.  If you can show a screenshot of payment history that might help decifer what happened.

@kainer84 wrote:

nothing works at all...  I changed to a plan unlimited text unlimited provincial calls with no data... my old plan was the same except with 2 gigs of data... now nothing works

Confirm your Self Serve account shows "Active" and your payment history shows the new plan? A screenshot of your payment history would help a lot here. Just black out your personal info.

kainer84

nothing works at all...  I changed to a plan unlimited text unlimited provincial calls with no data... my old plan was the same except with 2 gigs of data... now nothing works

@kainer84

You can also try re-booting your phone if you have not tried already.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you post a picture of your selfserve  payment history?  Does data work?

@kainer84 wrote:

yes. everything looks right.... I'm guessing it takes forever to change over?

What plan did you change to?

kainer84

yes. everything looks right.... I'm guessing it takes forever to change over?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kainer84, when you check your online account, does everything look correct, account active and the right plan in the account? 

Need Help? Let's chat.