cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

change phone number

I just joined Public Mobile last week. I was hoping to keep my phone number that I had with Koodo, but its not working. I followed the online instructions that said to make a new one and then I could switch back later, but when I type it my old number it says its not available. Any help would be appreciated!

Mayor / Maire

Re: change phone number


@stapes328 wrote:

I just joined Public Mobile last week. I was hoping to keep my phone number that I had with Koodo, but its not working. I followed the online instructions that said to make a new one and then I could switch back later, but when I type it my old number it says its not available. Any help would be appreciated!


Your old account with koodo must be active and in good standing in order to port the number out.

Oracle

Re: change phone number

@stapes328  It's not clear. What is not working? Did you have a Koodo prepaid account?


>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: change phone number

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.

Mayor / Maire

Re: change phone number


@stapes328 wrote:

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.


But The koodo account NEED to be ACTIVE for port the number...

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: change phone number


@stapes328 wrote:

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.


In order to port your number from Koodo your account needs to be active. When did you close your account? Can you login into your Koodo account online? If yes, then you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team  and see if they can help you.

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: change phone number


@stapes328 wrote:

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.


If you have cancelled your account with Koodo before porting the number than it has been lost. Koodo gets it back. As mentioned you need an active in good standing account to port the number out.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: change phone number

I didn't cancel my account, I just put in the new SIM card for Public Mobile. I've never logged in to my Koodo account....I'll see if I can. Thanks!

Oracle

Re: change phone number

@stapes328 Put your Koodo SIM back into the phone and see if you still have service.


>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: change phone number

I checked and its no longer active.