cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change phone number

stapes328
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined Public Mobile last week. I was hoping to keep my phone number that I had with Koodo, but its not working. I followed the online instructions that said to make a new one and then I could switch back later, but when I type it my old number it says its not available. Any help would be appreciated!

16 REPLIES 16

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stapes328 wrote:

That's what I thought. I messaged the Moderator just in case though. The instructions weren't very clear when I first signed up and I'm still not sure how I could have kept my same number. I actually like my new number better, easier to remember!

Great, but who cancelled the Kood number/account, if you didin't?  Activating a Public Mobile line, should have to no impact on the Koodo number/account.  When you attempted to port it over, but you couldn't - so in essense, didn't intiiate a port, then that Koodo line/account should still be active.  When was the bill date for that Koodo account?  Something doesn't make sense. 

If you like the new Public Mobile number, then all of this is moot.

@stapes328 wrote:

That's what I thought. I messaged the Moderator just in case though. The instructions weren't very clear when I first signed up and I'm still not sure how I could have kept my same number. I actually like my new number better, easier to remember!

If you are ok with the new number than I wouldn't bother. More than likely it will cost to get the old number back. 

stapes328

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@stapes328 hold the phone, when did you last use that Koodo number?  

Smiley LOLBad pun! Smiley LOL

@stapes328 wrote:

I checked and its no longer active.

It may not be lost, you may be able to contact Koodo and reactivate the account and number. Albeit will probably cost you a monhs fee with them, depending on how bad you want the number it may be an option.

Pizzaeh

@stapes328 hold the phone, when did you last use that Koodo number?  

It couldn't have been re-assigned that quickly, unless the account was cancelled somehow?!?  Even then, aren't they supposed to wait like 6 months before re-assigning the number?

mh1983

Then that number is effectively gone back into a number pool. Shame; had the Koodo account remained active, it could've been ported over directly to the new Public Mobile account.

stapes328

I checked and its no longer active.

@stapes328 Put your Koodo SIM back into the phone and see if you still have service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

stapes328

I didn't cancel my account, I just put in the new SIM card for Public Mobile. I've never logged in to my Koodo account....I'll see if I can. Thanks!

@stapes328 wrote:

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.

If you have cancelled your account with Koodo before porting the number than it has been lost. Koodo gets it back. As mentioned you need an active in good standing account to port the number out.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stapes328 wrote:

I now have new phone number, but I'd like to switch back to my old one. I don't have an account with Koodo anymore, but the instructions online said I could keep my phone number if I had an account with Koodo.

In order to port your number from Koodo your account needs to be active. When did you close your account? Can you login into your Koodo account online? If yes, then you can send a private message to the @CS_Agent  and see if they can help you.

@stapes328 wrote:

But The koodo account NEED to be ACTIVE for port the number...

stapes328

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@stapes328  It's not clear. What is not working? Did you have a Koodo prepaid account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@stapes328 wrote:

I just joined Public Mobile last week. I was hoping to keep my phone number that I had with Koodo, but its not working. I followed the online instructions that said to make a new one and then I could switch back later, but when I type it my old number it says its not available. Any help would be appreciated!

Your old account with koodo must be active and in good standing in order to port the number out.

Need Help? Let's chat.