cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send texts with pictures to Android users

makenzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there.

i just switched to PM. somehow i cant seem to send texts with photos to Android users.  Is there a fix to this?  I have an iPhone 11 pro

20 REPLIES 20

@makenzi wrote:

so just double checking, i need to turn data on for sending pictures, correct?

To an android user yes...any time....every time. 

i can send regular texts without turning data on, right?

To an android user yes...any time....every time. 

To another Apple user you MUST have either Data or Wifi connected. 

Lol that is why carriers love Apple users.......you must have data!

So we will never see a fix. 

makenzi

thank you.  Very informative.  I agree with those issues too.  why cant they make everything just uniform?  

@makenzi wrote:

thank you.  just learned a lot!  this was a very simple solution but made my non-techie self happy.

all is well now!

Please mark the solution when you have time. 

@makenzi wrote:

not much of a techie.  what does the apn settings do?  I checked it and it shows as 

IPN isp.mb.com

Username.    blank

password.     blank

would putting in a username and password solve my issue of not being able to send photos via text to androids?

No....it won’t take. 

makenzi

thank you.  just learned a lot!  this was a very simple solution but made my non-techie self happy.

all is well now!

Try with no i. The pic is from my iPhone SE. 

28922B96-8AEE-48E5-BCDA-522F50DCD79F.jpeg

makenzi

not much of a techie.  what does the apn settings do?  I checked it and it shows as 

IPN isp.mb.com

Username.    blank

password.     blank

would putting in a username and password solve my issue of not being able to send photos via text to androids?

@makenzi  yes data needs to be on for MMS (pictures) to send and receive.

Data can be off for regular SMS (text message)

makenzi

yes they're on.  its just sending photos that dont seem to work.

i think i have to turn data on for sending pictures via texts.  thanks

@makenzi  yes and yes for your questions. 

And make sure to change settings on your iPhone for SMS and MMS

IMG_20201016_134040.png

makenzi

so just double checking, i need to turn data on for sending pictures, correct?

i can send regular texts without turning data on, right?

makenzi

ok, i just did.  it says APN isp.mb.com

blank for username and password (is this something i set up? do i use my PM info?)

thanks for your help

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@makenzi wrote:

Hi there.

i just switched to PM. somehow i cant seem to send texts with photos to Android users.  Is there a fix to this?  I have an iPhone 11 pro

You do NOT need to turn off iMessage. That will just be a PITA. And I doubt that you need to reset your APN setting.  Turn your Data on, even if you are wifi, go to message and enter the android users phone number.....it will be green (don’t try an android users email....it won’t work) attach pic as usual and send. The send will be in a green bubble. Turn your data off. Assuming you are on $15 plan.....when you are out you need to turn data on every now and then to receive your iMessage  from your  Apple user friends. While I have no intention to go away from Apple products.....this issue of texting to android is BAAAAAD. I have done numerous tests for texting Apple to Apple....Wi-Fi ....Data  and Apple to Android (no pic)....Wi-Fi.....Data. 

Results are for Apple to Apple you must have wifi or data......for Apple to Android and no pic involved you just need texting on your plan and no wifi or data. What further screws things up on Apple to Apple is if you have iMessage up and running at home or office on an iPad, MacBook of iMac. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makenzi wrote:

Hi there.

1.  Sending MMS needs mobile data. Is your data working on your browser?  If not, you need the PM specific carrier file to be updated.  Check your iPhone for update.  You may need to connect your iPhone to itune running on a PC to update the carrier file.

2.  If you data is working, you need to configure iMessage to send SMS/MMS as follows:

Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@makenzi 

Make sure you have MMS and SMS turned on in settings. You can still use iMessage also.

IMG_20201016_134040.png

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus. The credit will be applied to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@makenzi is your phone number registered to your Apple ID?

Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
Next to Reachable At, tap Edit > Delete.
Tap Continue and follow the instructions.
After you enter the mobile phone number that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that number. Enter the verification code from the text into the fields provided.
Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@makenzi , please turn off iMessages and use regular messaging.  Android uses don't have access to iMessages.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Make certain that your data is enabled.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@makenzi wrote:

Hi there.

Check your apn settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Need Help? Let's chat.