cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant register with my number

jahme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, i want to register to public mobil, so i tryed to with my actually cell phone 

then i will port this number phone with a new phone , and i also did already bought the sim cards needed!

Thanks hope you can help

¸

14 REPLIES 14

@jahme, you can activate a new number while you keep your Fido one going.  You can transfer your number at anytime after when you decide it is time.

You will need to use your PM sim card to set up the account, and it will need to receive code from PM to get it going.  Do not transfer your phone number at first activation - just get a new phone number.

@jahme wrote:

no i mean keeping using the old number... anyway i will first wait to receive the iphone 4s and then i will try to register and keep the old number, if i have trouble using the old number i will let you know

You can activate the PM sim, then port your old number now. You do not need to have the new phone! Remember, you need an active fido account to be able to port your old number to the new account. None of this process as to do with the phone, it is sim card related, which you can put in any phone.

jahme

no i mean keeping using the old number... anyway i will first wait to receive the iphone 4s and then i will try to register and keep the old number, if i have trouble using the old number i will let you know

@jahme wrote:

I already did receive the simcard with the 3 differents one. And I also the phone is a iphone 4s old one but that fits with my needs. But yeah the other phone is a older phone than the iphone 4s , ahah. So nothing to do with the older phone? because it's not the same simcard, but if there'es something I can do to use the old phone number i would like to do it!

OK, so keep the any exrta punch outs that came with the PM sim card, you can always put them back in if you need them.

So far as you fido phone goes, you can use it without an active sim but it will need wifi.

Is that what you are thinking?

EDIT: Is there something not working?

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

jahme

I already did receive the simcard with the 3 differents one. And I also the phone is a iphone 4s old one but that fits with my needs. But yeah the other phone is a older phone than the iphone 4s , ahah. So nothing to do with the older phone? because it's not the same simcard, but if there'es something I can do to use the old phone number i would like to do it!

@jahme wrote:

The fido phone simcard isnt the same type than the new apple phone i bought... should it be way easier to switch to a new phone number? i would like to keep the phone but if its too hard or impossible... well the fido phone i locked too...

The PM sim card which you will be using comes with a punch out to fit the 3 different sizes. When you get the new iphone which i assume will require the nano size you can just puch it out and it should fit.

Which phone are you getting?

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

jahme

The fido phone simcard isnt the same type than the new apple phone i bought... should it be way easier to switch to a new phone number? i would like to keep the phone but if its too hard or impossible... well the fido phone i locked too...

@jahme wrote:

I do actually have a phone with fido, but I did buy a unlocked phone on ebay to use with public mobile. But right now, I want to register the fido phone (that i do actually have right now) so when registered after that, I will port the old phone to the new one, but the problem is that when i register it says the number is invalid so here's where i need help

The phone number and account as nothing to do with the physical phone. You can set up the account and transfer the number to your PM account, when you get the new phone just swap the sim card.

What you should be doing is

- make sure your fido phone is unlocked and your fido account is active

- activate your PM sim with a new number

- put the sim in the phone you have now and make sure everything works

- go into self serve and port you old number to your PM account

- when new phone arrives put PM sim into new phone

Any issues come back here and we will try to help.

@jahme wrote:

I do actually have a phone with fido, but I did buy a unlocked phone on ebay to use with public mobile. But right now, I want to register the fido phone (that i do actually have right now) so when registered after that, I will port the old phone to the new one, but the problem is that when i register it says the number is invalid so here's where i need help

You don't register a phone, you register a SIM card. The sim card goes inside the phone and can go in any compatible / unlocked phone. For a Fido account; it must be active in order to transfer. If you have missed the last payment you cannot transfer the number until it's reactivated.

Generally speaking, many have successfully ported form Fido without problems. Try using another browser / clearing your cache. If you are sure you entered in correctly then you should contact support to manually transfer the number. Send your port request via email to Public Mobile Support: Click this to send them a message

Be sure to provide your Fido Account number and PIN, name on Fido account, and Fido phone number as well as all the relevan info from Public Mobile. Let us know here how it goes for you.  

You do have the option of registering for a new (temporary) PM phone number first, and then requesting PM support to perform the port-in manually. However, you can also contact them for activation with all the relevant information (SIM #, Fido account # and PIN, your billind address and name), and they can perform the activation for you a soon as they can without a temporary number. These days PM support is responding slow, so your matter should be resolved within a couple days.

jahme

@jahme wrote:

fido, prepaid but i havent received the new phone yet but pretty soon and this one is gonna end soon so i want to register with this phone (fido) so i can after that , when i will receive the new phone, porting it to the new phone?

You get me?

No, I don't get you. You have not received a new phone from fido, or the one you will use with public mobile? Who sent you a new phone? "this one" is fido pre-paid ending soon? Or "this one" as in the promotion with public mobile you want to get before it ends? Who is sending you a new phone? I really don't understand sorry.

You can at anytime use your new public mobile sim card and register the service with a new (temp) number, no phone or port in needed just the sim card number. Once you have everything you need you can do a number transfer from your old service of fido to your new service.

jahme

fido, prepaid but i havent received the new phone yet but pretty soon and this one is gonna end soon so i want to register with this phone (fido) so i can after that , when i will receive the new phone, porting it to the new phone? the trouble is with the register... it say my actual phone is invalid...

You get me?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jahme wrote:

Hello, i want to register to public mobil, so i tryed to with my actually cell phone PHONE NUMBER REMOVED

then i will port this number phone with a new phone , and i also did already bought the sim cards needed!

Thanks hope you can help

You should remove your phone number from the public forum. Click on the top right corner, those 3 dors and edit your post.

Where are you porting the number from? Is your old account "Pre-Paid"? Land line? Voip?

jahme

forgot to say it was invalid

Need Help? Let's chat.