cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant receive calls or texts

Carolinemeadus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I transferred my phone from virgin mobile to public mobile about 4 hours ago and can’t receive calls or texts. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5

@Noel64Check your online profile to see if everything is okay. Then try these tricks listed here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Noel64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ive been with public mobile for 7 yrs i dont have this issue just now i cant call or receive call and text im payed for this month december what should i do need your help

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. Make sure you provide the number you are trying to transfer, and the port transfer request information you shared at activation.

@Carolinemeadus wrote:

I transferred my phone from virgin mobile to public mobile about 4 hours ago and can’t receive calls or texts. What do I do?

Your number has not been tranafered over (yet).  I would double check that you have your Virgin Mobile account number handy.  Perhaps, wait a few more hours.  If it's still not done after that time send a private mesaage to Moderator_Team using this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the meanwhile, your incoming comnunications are still going to Virgin Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carolinemeadus- If you are able to call/text out, then that means that your number port (transfer) is not yet completed.  Usually, ports from cell carriers take only a couple of hours.  However, in some cases, the old carrier blocks the transfer so that they can contact the client and try to convince them to stay.  It could also be that there was something wrong with the port request.  Remember that your account with your previous carrier MUST be active when porting the number out.  Have you restarted your phone?  Does your OLD SIM card still work (it should).  If so, leave it in the phone until it stops working.  That's when you know that the transfer is complete (hopefully)>  If it doesn't complete by the morning, I would send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to look into it.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

Need Help? Let's chat.