cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access data when out away from wifi

mvitols
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new user.  I have a plan with 5GB  of data.  So far, when out shopping, work, etc...My phone won't use cellular data to connect to websites.  Only works through wifi. Please help!  I have checked my phone settings, and all settings are correct for cellular data use.  Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

nukememobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's odd. Normally you should restart with the new sim in and the provisioning should be automatically set up and ready to go. Just make sure that data is not turned off on your device (in android under settings>connections>data usage>mobile data (switch on) 

Katlatze

I just got a new plan and I was having the same problem, even with APN settings correct and data turned on. Toggling Airplane Mode off for 10 seconds and then back on fixed it for me 😊

@firemonkey wrote:

I'm having the same problem. What is the fix???

Data not working is usually a matter of running out of data or of the APN settings being set incorrect. If you go into your account, does it show that you have data remaning to be used?

firemonkey

I'm having the same problem. What is the fix???

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mvitols 

If you have a LG phone, you need to perform network reset after changing provider before your data working again.  Enable data on your phone after network reset.  Restart your phone with PM SIM card inserted to let PM SIM card to configure your APN automatically.  

If network reset failed to get your data working again, you may need to backup your data and do a factory reset.  Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mvitols  You need to provide the make and model of your phone so that we can help you get your data working.

Was JUST gonna say the same, but once again, Speedy Gonzalez 😉  beat us all to it.

That, and we're assuming that when @mvitols  says, "I have checked my phone settings, and all settings are correct for cellular data use", he/she hasn't already checked the APN settings......

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mvitols wrote:

I am a new user.  I have a plan with 5GB  of data.  So far, when out shopping, work, etc...My phone won't use cellular data to connect to websites.  Only works through wifi. Please help!  I have checked my phone settings, and all settings are correct for cellular data use.  Thanks.

So you have verified your APN settings, what type of phone are you using.  Some LG's need a network or even a  factory reset on them so they work in PM.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like you need to check the APN settings on your phone.

But before that you can try a simple "network reset".

Also what kind of phone do you have?

Here is the APN settings please check yours..

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

Or 

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.