cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive incoming calls after porting

nicoleleeparker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, 

I am looking for some help. I have recently ported and now I cannot receive incoming calls. 

I can receive texts, and I call out/send texts, the only thing I cannot do is receive calls. 

How can I fix this?

16 REPLIES 16

LIP

After 24 hours of porting an existing number from Bell prepaid, the new cell phone can not receive incoming calls. Outgoing and text messages work, but incoming still ring on old phone. 

How can I fix this, since the ticket request box won't submit and filling in all the boxes repeatedly, turning off ad blockers, reboot, re-login?

@HeatherHowe FYI: you are pposting to a thread that is a year old. Look in the upper right of any post to will see the time stamp.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HeatherHowe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just had the same problem. If you message a moderator, they will take care of it almost instantly for you 😊

kzuzek

Hi all...overnight all systems seem to be working for me.  Thank-you for all the help, you guys are fantastic!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @kzuzek,

thank you for getting in touch with us!

If you require any assistance with your port request, please reach out to us via private message. We'll be more than happy to help out!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Mr-Bump
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kzuzek wrote:

Still not working, message is that the 'number is unassigned'.  

feeling nervous  😞

Are you porting from a mobile, landline, or VOIP? Mobiles are usually fine within a few hours (sometimes a little longer), but the other two can take a few days. I wouldn't stress about it tonight. It will probably be fine by morning, and if not the Mod Team will be able to sort you out. 

kzuzek

Still not working, message is that the 'number is unassigned'.  

feeling nervous  😞

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @kzuzek,

Give it a few more hours, if it still does not work by morning, send a message to the Moderators and they will be able to help you push the port through.

Mr-Bump

@kzuzek wrote:

I'm having the same problem, just joined about 1/2 hour ago, hopefully will work in the morning!

Posted that an hour ago, guessing everything is running fine now? Porting a number usually takes an hour or two.

kzuzek

I'm having the same problem, just joined about 1/2 hour ago, hopefully will work in the morning!

Mr-Bump

Are you porting a mobile, landline, or VOIP number? Mobile is pretty quick but the other two can take a few days. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

I think you are still in the porting process and it hasn't been completed yet. 

Please give it a couple of hours and everything should be ok. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if/when you message the mods make sure you give them your account name (as on bill) and account number 

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

nicoleleeparker

Thank you!

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @nicoleleeparker,

When did you port your number over to Public Mobile? If it was within the past few hours, give it some more time.

If it has been more than 24 hours, I would suggest messaging the Moderators using the below link to let them know your porting got stuck:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.