cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot create account. phone number not recognized

rishibandhu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two phones. I can only have one phone per account. When i try to create a new account it does not recognize the second number. please help.

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@rishibandhu wrote:

yes, it has correct phone number.

Can you clear your history and browser cache and open a new window in incognito mode and then try again with the second number. If it still does not work, I would contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Tell “Simon”what the issue is

Step 3: Ask for “Moderator””

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6: Create your ticket

After submission, monitor your private message box in the top right hand corner by selecting the envelop icon.The Moderator’s reply will be in your inbox folder. Your sent folder will contain your ticket submission.

Some web browser are a bit finicky with contacting SIMon, therefore you can use this link to contact a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rishibandhu

yes, it has correct phone number.

Can you go into self service in your first account and check what phone number is there. Choose "Plan Details" link. Is that the correct phone # for the first account?

rishibandhu

yes i would use another email address for the second phone. however, the first step of creating account is to enter the phone number. when i enter the number it says either phone number is incorrect or account already exist. i have not created the account for the second phone and can't even move to next step. i am stuck.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rishibandhu wrote:

I have two phones. I can only have one phone per account. When i try to create a new account it does not recognize the second number. please help.

thank you

Are you using a separate email address for both accounts?  They can be paid for with the same credit card but each number requires its own account with its own email address linked to it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rishibandhu wrote:

thank you

Each phone needs it's own sim card, account and email address. With a gmail account, you can use alias.

Need Help? Let's chat.