cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot contact the new sim

ewinlanie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my sim, everything goes well... I tried to contact my wifes number  its ok but when i tried to call my new number using my wifes phone, it says "your call cannot be completed please call  and try again" and even when i texted the new number, i received nothing....

I dont know what is wrong? Please help...

Sherwin

15 REPLIES 15

ewinlanie

Thank you guys for all your help. My phobe is working now. I just change it to new number.

Sherwin7

@Carld123 wrote:

@ewinlanie

Check the apn settings?...compare them to your wifesphone...

@Carld123

While the APN settings might need to be adjusted to use data, but a) we can't tell from the OP's answers if that's the case. And b) APN has nothing to do with the call / text features, which we try to sort out here.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ewinlanie

Confusing.....so..do you and your wife both have public mobile sim cards and one works, in both phones..the other doesnt..?

ewinlanie

Yes, I alreday pick and pay... I tried the phone with new sim its ringing with other phone but when i cantact the phone with public mobile sim, its not completed.... its not activated..

@ewinlanie wrote:

I'am surrender..... This sim doesnt work.... please return my money... thank you

@ewinlanieSorry, I am just trying to help you but you have not answered my questions so I have no idea what you have tried. So far the only thing I know is your wife's sim (on either phone) can't call or text you and maybe the lost/stolen didn't help (not sure by your vague and incomplete responses) but thats just the beginning of the procedure.

I do not work for public mobile I am a community helper that based on some trial and error we may be able to come to the cause and establish a fix, but I am unable to proceed to the next steps without you answering my questions to deem if it is necessary to contact the moderator team, but as you have given up there is nothing more I, or anyone here can do for you.

As this is a pre-paid service there is no guarantee you will receive a refund. You will have to contact the moderator team directly to see what is possible.  Click this to send them a message

When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to identify yourself with account PIN code, phone number / account number and provide as much information as possible so that the moderator team won't have to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays. 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Saturday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It typically should be within 48 hours.

Good luck

Carld123

@ewinlanie

This forum is customers like you...so asking for a refund here wont help..and as its prepaid refunds arent usually given...how far did you get in the activation process?did you pick and pay for a plan also?

ewinlanie

I'am surrender..... This sim doesnt work.... please return my money... thank you

@ewinlanie wrote:

Hi, I did what you say... and I tried to put the old sim as well and it works but when i put back the pubmic mobile sim, still not working... what should we do? Can I refund the money or what solution can you offer?

@ewinlanie

Try calling yourself with your own phone what happens? Does it go to voicemail or does it give you an error message?

Try texting your own number with your own phone what happens?

Go to this website

https://www.callmylostphone.com/

Insert your number, select "Now!" then hit "Make it ring!" does your phone ring?

Carld123

Did you get the PM SIM card to work?

ewinlanie

how to port the number?

Carld123

@ewinlanie

Check the apn settings?...compare them to your wifesphone...

ewinlanie

Hi, I did what you say... and I tried to put the old sim as well and it works but when i put back the pubmic mobile sim, still not working... what should we do? Can I refund the money or what solution can you offer?

@ewinlanie wrote:

I just activated it an hour ago, I used a new number....

@ewinlanieSorry you are having trouble. Are you absolutly sure you are calling the correct number? Sometimes we do not dial the correct new number we set up with public mobile.

Before trying to diagnose this, do this first (this fixes almost every problem with public mobile) Log into self serve and report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout. Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully re-activates your plan/account. 

After that if no luck, try these and report back to what happens

Try calling yourself with your own phone what happens?

Try texting yourself with your own phone what happens?

Have you tried any other phones besides your wife to call you?

After confirming you are dialing the correct number and the above try swapping your sim card into her phone, and her sim into your phone and calling each other and see if the problem is identicle to before or if the problem switches to the other phone.

ewinlanie

I just activated it an hour ago, I used a new number....

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ewinlanie wrote:

I just activated my sim, everything goes well... I tried to contact my wifes number  its ok but when i tried to call my new number using my wifes phone, it says "your call cannot be completed please call  and try again" and even when i texted the new number, i received nothing....

I dont know what is wrong? Please help...

Sherwin

@ewinlanieIs this a new activation with a new phone number, or did you port the number from another company?

Need Help? Let's chat.