cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot activate sim due to a page glitch!

evangelia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot (167).pngSo a friend of mine decided to join public mobile and I am trying to set up the account for her.I completed the first part "lets get started" but on the second part which is the "select number" ,because she needs a new number, there appears to be a glitch and it wont let me pick the area code. I took a screenshot to show you the exact problem .. I cannot proceed with the account setup because of it so please help!

23 REPLIES 23

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@wong_julian

I'm sorry about this, 

I did receive a private message from you, I will respond to your inquiry. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

wong_julian

I have exactly the same problem.  Received SIM card on Sep 6, 2016.  Please help

@evangelia, our community moderator @Kalla_A has already sent you a private message which you must respond to so the problem can be resolved right away.

evangelia
hi there so yea as i mentioned i cannot proceed with the sim activation due to the glitch at the second part which is the pick ur area code.. ive tried everything 3 diferrent browsers even my phone!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @makkahn28,

If there is any way that I can assist you with the ordering of the pizzas, except paying for them, send me a private message.

Cheers.

@makkahn28 I've yet to decide on a date for a pizza party with my friends. This is a long weekend here in BC, so some of my friends weren't around. Perhaps one of these evenings, though.

Yep, that's true.

Art is very expensive, yet very rewarding as well.

I also did my color wheel, and will soon be doing a greyscale palatte as well this week

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Your course instructor probably knows the answer regarding personal vs. commercial.

Good luck in any event!

@Martin, Yes, Zbrush does have a student version.

BUT, only catch is if using for commercial purposes, You'd be forced to purchase entire licence

Not sure if Student licence allows you to do personal stuff.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @makkahn28,

With respect to Zbrush, is there any possibility of purchasing it from a student, who used it last year, at a steep discount?

Almost $800 is somewhat eye-popping to begin with, but with conversion, plus the 2.5% that your credit-card company will charge for converting a foreign currency, you're talking BIG BUCKS!

I'd first ask and see if they do deliver that far.

And if so, how much for delivery

I'd be fair, and I'd even pay the delivery fee, if fee was within reason, like $20, give or take

If over $100, then I'd pick Pizza Hutt

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @makkahn28,

Even though ordering locally wasn't mentioned, I would be very very surprised if you were given the OK to order from Hamilton, considering the thousands of pizzerias in Toronto. It's quite possible that the delivery charge from Hamilton to Toronto would be greater than the cost of the pizzas themselves.

Food for thought! (pun intended)

Never heard of them. I also need to ask this as well? When it comes to ordering, is there a max distance as to delivery thing too?

I have a fav pizza place, BUT they're located in Hamilton, and I am in Toronto, BUT I love their Pizza, just curious

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @makkahn28,

My pizzas were ordered from Twice the Deal Pizza.

Not yet @Martin, Having to plan it out so that me and my parents can eat as well.

Also, my courses are certainly kicking up steam, illustrator, Photoshop are some of the most spectacular apps that I am processing, just takes time, and a byte at a time.

Adobe is certainly the challenge, but well worth it.

Also, I saw this application, Zbrush, which is an digital sculpting application for 3d modeling.

Mouth-watering, BUT price almost insane

US$798

Convert to CAN$, + Tax, exchange rate, a nightmare of a wallet drain, but certainly a necessity in life, lol

@7789849803, I am still kicking, and still hopin PM will show us what's in store from the showroom, Cannot wait. I will admit, I feel PM has done an amazing and spectacular job, rewards certainly well worth, and the pizza party a step in the awesome and electronically delicious direction, I am proud of this carrier.

BTW, where did you order your pizza from?

I remember Mother's Pizza and Spaghetti Parlor

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @makkahn28,

You're welcome.

How are/is your course(s) going? Plus, did you submit your pizza order to Val?

@makkahn28 I'm doing great! I'm super excited about all the good stuff going on at PM currently! How're you?!

@Martin, thanks for that post and clarification

@Kalla_A, hopefully all is well for @evangelia

@7789849803, how you doing?

@Martin wrote:
What other wireless carrier has a community where a second-level go-to rep is so quick in responding to your post?

@Martin With all due respect to you and your (otherwise very well informed) opinions, I'd like to answer your (assumingly rhetoritical) question by saying:

Almost ALL others!! (minus the need for second-level support, which is not felt as much with other carriers in the first place - even better!)

Case in point: Phonebox, the company I switched to PM from, offered great phone support that would ring through to an agent more or less within 60 seconds. In my case though, I often preferred to just emailed them instead of calling (for my own personal reasons), and they'd usually respond back the same day.

Let's not kid ourselves, the recent improvements in PM's support processes are VERY welcome, but they're only bringing PM to the same level as the remainder of the industry.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi makkahn28,

I discussed the policy with PM last week.

All OPs are to be directed to customer assistance for problem resolution, except
1: if customer assistance does not provide a working solution in 48 consecutive hours,
2: if the problem is obviously above the knowledge and/or skill level of customer assistance,
3: if the problem involves porting or activation.

Should #1, #2 or #3 occur, the community manager or a community moderator is to be alerted.

FYI.

Yes, @Kalla_A, your response time is exemplary. @evangelia had sent me an email as well, but I did refer her to emailing PM, as the issue may require access to the account to rectify this. Perhaps PM should really post what precisely another PM client can do, and what they cannot do that ONLY a PM staff manager can do

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @evangelia and @Kalla_A,

Only 6 minutes elapsed between evangelia's post and Kalla's invaluable problem-solving help!

@Kalla_A: Congratulations to you on your rapid response, especially on a Sunday evening!

@evangelia: What other wireless carrier has a community where a second-level go-to rep is so quick in responding to your post?

Cheers.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @evangelia!

I'm sorry to hear that. Please reply to my private message, and I'll be able to assist you 🙂

Thanks,

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.