cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling account after losing phone

HayleyMorrow55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my phone and would like to cancel my account. I have the contract number off my credit card bill. A friend gave me a spare phone. Once the account is cancelled, I would like to start a new account. Thanks, Don

3 REPLIES 3

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HayleyMorrow55 :You don't have to cancel account after having phone stolen, you have suspend your account by logging into your self serve account and go to lost phone option and choose that to suspend your about e so whoever stole your phone can't use it and Public won't take payments either - then just go buy a Public SIM card and log in again to your self serve to register new SIM card to put in your new phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@HayleyMorrow55 wrote:

Hi,

I lost my phone and would like to cancel my account. I have the contract number off my credit card bill. A friend gave me a spare phone. Once the account is cancelled, I would like to start a new account. Thanks, Don

Just buy a new SIM card and log into self service and choose Change Sim Card. No need to open a new account.  Your friend’s phone needs to be unlocked unless it has already been used with Telus, Koodo or PM.

ch.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@HayleyMorrow55 wrote:

Hi,

If you want to cancel your account, best to completely remove any payment card which may be registered for auto-pay.  [ EDIT :  you may wish to do the SIM replacement option mentioned by a few others, if you're wanting to keep your existing number ]

Then you won't be further charged for any renewal and the account will close in 90 days.

I would also recommend that you place your lost phone in "lost/stolen" mode so it cannot be utilized by the person who may find it.

Need Help? Let's chat.