cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel plan change

Grant58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new here. Just started into 5 days into 2nd month on plan for my daughter. Found she was not using near the data so planned to reduce it. Made own plan and selected 90 days. Chose to change immediately as all it said I would loose is legacy which I did not have.

then I see I got no credit for the 25 days remaining on plan. If it would have told me, I would have selected to change at next billing cycle. Can I undo that and schedule to change at next billing cylce instead?

5 REPLIES 5

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have said, it sounds like you clicked through the warning and accepted to have your change made immediately and lost the money you had already paid. Did you follow up with a moderator?

@Grant58 wrote:

I am new here. Just started into 5 days into 2nd month on plan for my daughter. Found she was not using near the data so planned to reduce it. Made own plan and selected 90 days. Chose to change immediately as all it said I would loose is legacy which I did not have.

then I see I got no credit for the 25 days remaining on plan. If it would have told me, I would have selected to change at next billing cycle. Can I undo that and schedule to change at next billing cylce instead?

@hairbag1, you read the warning message, but it does not say legacy.  It applies to all users of the system, and you were given a chance to cancel, and use the other option of 'Change at next renewal'.

I'm sorry, but Public Mobile is not required to offer you a refund for this mistake, as they did provide you with a warning, and an option to back out.  This service is not the same as the larger carriers having postpaid plans where your pan is 'adjusted'  when you make changes.

Essentially, when you pay at Public Mobile, you agree to a 30- or 90-day plan and pay for it.  You are entitled to the options of your plan for that agreed cycle, and if you decided to change part-way-through, you forfeit all remaining services (including funds already paid) and pay full price for the new plan selection.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

If you select to change plans immediately you loose anything left from the original plan and immediately have to pay for the new one. You can't change your plan back for the remained but you could contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/... and ask for a refund, they don't often give one but it's worth asking.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grant58 wrote:

Only moderator can access your account.  You can send a private message to moderator to discuss your situation.  But there is no guarantee you will get anything.  YMMV. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As a rule, once you've made the change, it's done. I suggest you contact a moderaator and explain your case to see if the new plan you selected can be future dated. Good luck and let us know how and when it's resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.