cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't work on sms and pictures message

oliviapyliu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've joined since 21 Oct and SMS could only be worked on my phone for first 3 days.  Until now, I have tried so many time for puting in and out the SIM card, it can't work.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@oliviapyliu wrote:

I bought that on Oct21,2018. and I've  paid $30+tax but  now they bill me monthly fee.

Do I suppose to have the second month free?

@oliviapyliu to be honest, I'm not sure.  I think it depends what promos were active at the time, and if you activated in the way the promo required; e.g. some promos require you to activate in a store (Walmart, etc) and some require you to activate on your own online, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oliviapyliu wrote:

I bought that on Oct21,2018. and I've  paid $30+tax but  now they bill me monthly fee.

What does your Available Funds on your self-serve overview page say?

oliviapyliu

srlawren

@oliviapyliu wrote:

Another question is they bill me instead of giving me one month free as said when I bought in Walmart.

@oliviapyliu when did you activate?  It's your second 30 day cycle you were supposed to get free, not the first.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

oliviapyliu

Thank you for giving me the advise.  It works to me.  Another question is they bill me instead of giving me one month free as said when I bought in Walmart.

oliviapyliu

Thank you for your help.  Another question is they bill me but not give me a free month as said while I bought the plan in Walmart

@oliviapyliu

Do you have data on your plan?  Does data work?

You might want to check the APN settings carefully as described above.  You could also try a network setting reset....

destorois
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@oliviapyliu  a écrit :

I've joined since 21 Oct and SMS could only be worked on my phone for first 3 days.  Until now, I have tried so many time for puting in and out the SIM card, it can't work.

Mms 

As long as you have an active text plan that it, you will be able to send and receive MMS messages.
To send or receive MMS messages:
1. Ensure that your cellular data is enabled.
2. You'll need to verify that your APN has been properly configured.

Check APN Settings
Before proceeding, make sure that:
1. Your phone is unlocked. 2. Your device is compatible on our network.

Continue
To help set up the APN settings on your phone, can you tell me what type of phone you have?

Android
Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:
1) Tap: ➡ Settings ➡ More ➡ Access Point Names ➡ New APN Settings
2) Input this info: ➡ Name: Public Mobile ➡ APN: sp.mb.com ➡ MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 ➡
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc ➡ MMS port: 80 ➡ MCC: 302 ➡ MNC: 220
3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!
Also, make sure to enable data in your phone settings.
Iphone
Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:
1) Tap: ➡ Settings ➡ Cellular ➡ Cellular Data Network
2) Input this info: ➡ APN: SP.MB.COM ➡ MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc ➡ MMS Proxy: 74.49.0.18
3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, reboot, and you’re good to go!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oliviapyliu wrote:

I've already turned on everything you mentioned, but still can't work

You might need to actually choose and tell it that you're using MMS. Maybe your texting program is blocking MMS or you're not letting it.

What kind of phone are you using?

What texting program are you using?

oliviapyliu

I've already turned on everything you mentioned, but still can't work

oliviapyliu

Thank you very much! I can send SMS but not with picture

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pictures are sent through MMS not SMS, and as previously mentioned you need data turned on/correct APN settings.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@oliviapyliu

Which plan are you on?  

For picture messaging, you will need to turn on data (even if you don't have data plan) and make sure the APN Settings are correct.   Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

srlawren

@oliviapyliu out of curiosity, are you on the $10/50/50 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.