cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use the phone with $10 plan

dibr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan from $40 to $10.

It worked when it was $40, but now I can't use the phone. Every time I try to make any call (Canada wide) I get the message "Long distance call is not included in your plan"

5 REPLIES 5

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dibr When you log into your self serve account, what plan do you see?  Have you tried restarting your phone?  If the new (correct) plan shows in self serve, you can try the lost/found phone trick.  Report the phone lost.  Wait a few minutes, then report it found.  Then restart your phone.  This often helps if you have a plan but service is not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dibr wrote:

It worked when it was $40, but now I can't use the phone. Every time I try to make any call (Canada wide) I get the message "Long distance call is not included in your plan"

How long ago did you change the plan?

If just last night then the idea mentioned by Lieux might work.

If some number of days ago then maybe you've used all the 50 minutes in the plan.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dibr wrote:

Does your plan include the talk feature? If not, you cannot make any calls.

If talk feature is included, do you have the long distance add on? It looks like most likely not.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@dibr wrote:

Try this little trick to reactivate your sim...go in your self-serve account ..tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN  and close your phone few minutes. Open it again and click on reactivate your service. Does it hep?

If not write a message to the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 they will help you with that. Waiting time is up to 2 days..usually.

Steve_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What's included in your $10 plan? Is it data-only or does it include voice calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.