cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send or recieve text after data top-up

aka2286
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I cannot send or receive text messages after topping up my account with a $10 data add-on. I tried the lost/stolen trick and it DID NOT work. The links to contact a moderator in the community help don't seem to work either. Help?

21 REPLIES 21

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@aka2286 wrote:

Not out of data. I don't use very much of it- but it sure comes in handy when I need to charge my car at a public charging station!

The data add-on renewed itself the first month.....

Sounds like it may be account related, so I would contact the mods to sort it out.  Good luck,

@aka2286 wrote:

Not out of data. I don't use very much of it- but it sure comes in handy when I need to charge my car at a public charging station!

No an add-on don't renew itself. You need to buy it when you need it...

aka2286

aka2286

Sorry for the confusion. I perhaps should have started a new thread. I can imessage between iphones when I have wifi (of course), and seem to be able to recieve and send texts from/to people with non- iphones, BUT cannot use data, nor can imessages be sent/received as SMS if wifi is not available.

I could do all of these things before March 14th- when I ran out of data for the month on the $10 talk + $8 data plan.

Things I have tried: turning phone off/on after disabling imessage and send as SMS, then turning those features back on. Removing SIM card and re-installing it. Resetting all settings in the phone. I do not have another phone to test the SIM card in.

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

Thanks Pizzaeh-

I do have the $8 200 MG add-on for data, automatically renewed each month. It worked for the first two months, now it doesn't.

Ah, I totally missed where you said that!  I could be completely wrong here Smiley Very Happy, but maybe you're out of data?  200 mb is not a lot over two months.  What does it say in your self-serve account?  If you've checked all that, as @Lieux has pointed out, it's best to contact the mods.

Wait, did you say you have a 200 MB add-on that renews every month?  I've never bought an add-on, so didn't know they can be setup to occur every month?

Pizzaeh

@mh1983 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@aka2286, the $10 plan you're on has talk and text, no data.  As far as I know, you cannot purchase a data add-on for a plan that contains no data.  If you require data, the next plan with some data is the $15 plan.  You can see the various plans here.

Incorrect. You can purchase data add ons for plans that don't have data. I did it when I first signed up.

Thanks to @mh1983 and @Lieux for pointing out that data add-ons can be purchased for plans without data.  $30 for 1GB is on the table!

@aka2286 wrote:

Thanks Pizzaeh-

I do have the $8 200 MG add-on for data, automatically renewed each month. It worked for the first two months, now it doesn't.

So you need to reach the moderator...

aka2286

Thanks Pizzaeh-

mh1983

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@aka2286, the $10 plan you're on has talk and text, no data.  As far as I know, you cannot purchase a data add-on for a plan that contains no data.  If you require data, the next plan with some data is the $15 plan.  You can see the various plans here.

Incorrect. You can purchase data add ons for plans that don't have data. I did it when I first signed up.

@Pizzaeh wrote:

No @Pizzaeh I have data with my 10$ plan.Smiley Wink

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

Many thanks everyone for your input on this- my plan has automatically renewed ($10) but I still cannot use data. I have removed the SIM card, reinstalled it, but still no data. I do not have another phone with which to test the SIM card. Suggestions?

But I don't understand..you can't text or you have no data? You might be able to text with the 10$ plan but not use data if you have no add-on...

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

Many thanks everyone for your input on this- my plan has automatically renewed ($10) but I still cannot use data. I have removed the SIM card, reinstalled it, but still no data. I do not have another phone with which to test the SIM card. Suggestions?

Hi @aka2286 , the $10 plan does not have data.  See link for $10 plan details.

aka2286

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

That is correct- only 5 outgoing texts appear in usage history.

Then that is something the mods would have to look into, and it looks like mod @Mary_M "The Magnificent" is on it, so I'll take my leave.

aka2286

That is correct- only 5 outgoing texts appear in usage history.

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

On the $10 plan, renewal date is tomorrow (21st), but I topped up on the 15th and this has been a problem since. I have only sent 5 outgoing texts during the month (prior to the 15th)

In account status, it says $10.00 available funds.

The $10 plan has 50 text messages; when you log into your account it says you only used 5 text messages out of 50?

There is no add-on for sending text messages within Canada; buying a data add-on is for data.

When you add funds to your account, you would still need to purchase the add-on with those funds.  But in this case, it wouldn't work because there is no add-on for sending text messages within Canada.  There are apps that you can use to send messages, which use data.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @aka2286,

thanks for getting in touch with us!

Regardless if your minutes were fully consumed or not, the plan will only renew and use the funds on your account on your renewal date (there's no way to renew early through the self-serve). I've just sent you a private message, can you please view it ? I'll be able to assist.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

aka2286

On the $10 plan, renewal date is tomorrow (21st), but I topped up on the 15th and this has been a problem since. I have only sent 5 outgoing texts during the month (prior to the 15th)

In account status, it says $10.00 available funds.

Pizzaeh

@aka2286 wrote:

Hello I cannot send or receive text messages after topping up my account with a $10 data add-on. I tried the lost/stolen trick and it DID NOT work. The links to contact a moderator in the community help don't seem to work either. Help?

Are you on the $10 plan?

When is your renewal date?

When you log into your account, what does it say for Account Status?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aka2286 wrote:

Use the following link to send private message to moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.