cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't make phone calls etc....

Nothappy123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just installed the sim card and registered . Phone says Public Mobile on the screen. Can't make a call. I dail and it hangs up.

Tried to find tech support. Found a robot (simon?) it keeps sending me a form that won't accept my password. Password is correct... I can log in to my account with it but it won't work for these "simon" forms. If I had known there was no tech support I would never have signed up. I want to cancel and get my money back. No idea how to do that. I foolishly signed up for recuring payments.

21 REPLIES 21

@Nothappy123  You did the right thing. You found a solution yourself and accepted the solution for yourself. If someone else has the same issue they can solve it by finding your answer. I'm happy youve fixed it and are giving public mobile another chance. Cheers!

Nothappy123

Hey... it was my solution. I asked around... no one else came up with it. lol

I wrote everything down... pin etc. Thanks again!

@Nothappy123 Thumbs up on resolving this issue.

Going forward, make sure you're able to access your self-serve account
Keep your PIN, security question/answer and password stored safely in case they are needed for future use.

p.s. Assigning the solution to yourself is usually frowned upon, but in your case you seem to have found a solution that was not already offered. Smiley Happy

Nothappy123

Fixed the problem on my own... with the help of Google. Turned off wifi and phone worked. I turned wifi on again and it still works.Yay me! Yay Google! Public Mobile... meh.

I'll give it a try until the month I paid for runs out. If it's still going then I'll reestablish autorenew.

I do want to thank all the kind users who tried to help me though. Very nice of you to take the time!

@Nothappy123  Going forward if you choose to stay skip simple Simon. I hated that guy. I just send private messages. You've been in contact with a moderator have they messaged you back? You have to regularly check your private message box at the top right corner of your screen and a little  number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times. 

Can you call out yet? Have you tried turning airplane mode on. Wait 5 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot your phone. Can you call out now?

Nothappy123

Oh, and simon is fun but the tickets it sends me won't accept my pass word.

Nothappy123

No number was ported.

I followed the proceedure on this site to register/activate the sim. 

My old cell service was fine from here. If the signal is that weak it's of no use to me.I've had a few providers over the years. No issues.

I contacted a moderator. They said they would look into it. That was yesterday.

I'm not a big cell phone user. I can't deal with a cell serivce that doesn't have tech support. I want the phone to work when I have car trouble... that sort of thing. I never text or browse the internet. I don't even have the phone turned on mostly. It's strickly for emergency use.

I had no idea this was a service run by it's own customers. Shame on me for not getting that.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Just installed the sim card and registered .

Just to eliminate possibilities, by "registered", do you mean activated the SIM online, or was the SIM activated in-store?

Phone says Public Mobile on the screen.

I would THINK that would mean it's connected to the network, BUT not having personally stuck a non-activated SIM in a phone, I don't know whether or not it would say that if the SIM isn't activated.

Can't make a call. I dail and it hangs up.

Have you tried that in more than one place? I ask, because if you're in an area with a real weak signal, that can happen.

Tried to find tech support. Found a robot (simon?) it keeps sending me a form that won't accept my password. Password is correct... I can log in to my account with it but it won't work for these "simon" forms. If I had known there was no tech support I would never have signed up.

Well, if you can't get into the SIMon chat thing, do as @totalUser  suggest(in the 4th post on page 1), and contact the Moderator team directly.

I want to cancel and get my money back. No idea how to do that.

From what I've read in other threads here, since it's a prepaid service, you can't get your money back for the 1st 30days of service already paid for.

I foolishly signed up for recuring payments.

Well, if we can't get it figured out here, between you, the community, and/or the Moderators, and you REALLY want to leave, you CAN simply log into your account and remove the card you input for your prepay, and at your renewal date your service simply won't renew. You would, however, need to "port" your number out to another service, assuming it's actually been ported in here in the 1st place, and also assuming you'd want to keep that same number. I'd suggest you try contacting the Moderators, and see if you can't get this figured out first.

@Clive2 wrote:

Just a question, can you change your user name at any time or do you need to make a new community account?

You would need to ask a moderator to do that for you.

Clive2

Just a question, can you change your user name at any time or do you need to make a new community account?

@Nothappy123 Just a couple of things to try:

Try calling your voicemail by holding down the 1 button? It shouldn't work either.

Consider trying another phone app to see if it's a permissions or contacts issue?

Nothappy123

same password for both

@Nothappy123 wrote:

I've had numerous tickets from Simon. The tickets won't accept my password.

Hi @Nothappy123 

Are you entering community or selfserve password?

Try direct https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Nothappy123

I've had numerous tickets from Simon. The tickets won't accept my password.

Nothappy123

I did the restart thing... no joy. Can't make a phone call.

Did you port a number? Also, contacting a moderator using Simon - type moderator, choose account specific question and choose speak to a human to send a ticket.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Nothappy123 In order to better help you, we need more info about your issue:

What type of phone are you using?
What version of the OS?
What works and what doesn't (calls in/out, texts in/out, data)?

Nothappy123

I did that. No joy. It's a  Moto G4

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Tried to find tech support. Found a robot (simon?) it keeps sending me a form that won't accept my password. Password is correct...

Are you using your self serve password or your community password?  If thy are the same, please disregard.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi  @Nothappy123 

Try contacting them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Thanks and welcome to public mobile

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 In order to better help you, we need more info about your issue:

What type of phone are you using?
What version of the OS?
What works and what doesn't (calls in/out, texts in/out, data)?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Nothappy123 wrote:

Just installed the sim card and registered . Phone says Public Mobile on the screen. Can't make a call. I dail and it hangs up.

Tried to find tech support. Found a robot (simon?) it keeps sending me a form that won't accept my password. Password is correct... I can log in to my account with it but it won't work for these "simon" forms. If I had known there was no tech support I would never have signed up. I want to cancel and get my money back. No idea how to do that. I foolishly signed up for recuring payments.

Please try restarting your phone. What phone model are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.