cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create self serve account. I get an error message saying "phone number is invalid".

Jenner6448
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activited my account.  My phone number is being ported from Rogers.  On the activation site, I was not able to type in the serial number of my phone as the field for the SN only accepted numbers, not letters.  Still, I chose my plan, provided my Rogers account details and entered my credit card info and it all seemed to go through.

Now, trying to register for a self-serve account, I get an error message saying "phone number is invalid".  

2 REPLIES 2

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Jenner6448 or if you activated in store it might be because the port is stuck so it doesn't recognize your Rogers number 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Jenner6448If you had activated at home via activate.publicmobile.ca, your account on selfserve.publicmobile.ca should had been created.. so if you go to selfserve, you just need to login with the information you had used when you activated. The create account in selfserve is for people who had activated in store.

If you have a spare phone keep both SIM cards active for a while.. just in case Rogers wants to call you to confirm the porting etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.