cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't complete port of number / no link

omclive
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi,  trying to port a number from pc mobility.  i got to a step where i am sent a text that gives a link to publicmolibe.ca and asks me to click Contact us and complete the form.  There is no contact us and no sim and activation online form.

8 REPLIES 8

tonyottawa

Sorry for the late update, I simply forgot my password, just did "forgot password" and I'm in.

Here is update of my SPEAKOUT --> PUBLIC Mobile, it's for someone who will port from Speakout in future.

In the porting form, please fill as I did:

1. Account number --> leave it blank

2. IMEI number ---> input your phone IMEI number

3. PIN ---> leave it blank

Other contact when there is porting problem:  613-xxx-yyyy ( my other Videotron phone number not with PM)

Your  name:   John Doe

Check "I'm authorized .." 

Submit and wait 6 hours .

In my case, I just leave my phone charging and the time from I submit to SMS "porting complete" is 6 hours .

Speakout users, patience is a virtue. That's it 🙂

@Greg1275 wrote:

Here’s a self serve website that allows you to port your own number rather than waiting on other people to prosess it.

https://telnyx.com/solutions/number-porting?utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=fastport-...

I would not trust a third party to get involved when the carriers provide the feature.  

@Greg1275 wrote:

Here’s a self serve website that allows you to port your own number rather than waiting on other people to prosess it.

https://telnyx.com/solutions/number-porting?utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=adwords&utm_campaign=fastport-...

A customer cannot use another company to process a number portability request to Public Mobile.  Only the carrier who is being ported to can process such a request.

Further, since the porting request failed for this customer, that person has no choice but to contact Public Mobile's moderators.

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

tonyottawa

@geopublic wrote:

@tonyottawa  Ports can take up to 24 hours to complete. Typical time is 2 hours. Just continue to use your speakout sim until it stops working. Once it stops then the port is complete. Porting from Speakout my understanding is that a PIN works best but IMEI should work.

Great. Thanks. I should have asked before I do the porting, I do have the PIN too. Whatever, will find out tomorrow. No rush. 

@tonyottawa wrote:

I just filled a form to port from Speakout Wireless (aka 711 wireless) ,  I only input  phone number, IMEI number of phone, my land line number (so they can contact me if needed), and my name.  1 hour passed and phone number is still  not ported.

Is it normal?

@tonyottawa  Ports can take up to 24 hours to complete. Typical time is 2 hours. Just continue to use your speakout sim until it stops working. Once it stops then the port is complete. Porting from Speakout my understanding is that a PIN works best but IMEI should work.

tonyottawa

I just filled a form to port from Speakout Wireless (aka 711 wireless) ,  I only input  phone number, IMEI number of phone, my land line number (so they can contact me if needed), and my name.  1 hour passed and phone number is still  not ported.

Is it normal?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@omclive wrote:

hi,  trying to port a number from pc mobility.  i got to a step where i am sent a text that gives a link to publicmolibe.ca and asks me to click Contact us and complete the form.  There is no contact us and no sim and activation online form.

@omclive To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.