cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't activate the SIM account

Ivyyang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried many times at different computers to activate the SIm account. Message was sent to moderator but no reply yet... My credit card has no problem... can any one help me with the activation of the account? 

thanks!!

14 REPLIES 14

@Ivyyang wrote:

No charges were applied so far.. 

I would say it's worth a try...follow all the clear browser etc....advice and use a different card. If you get it activated you can go in later and change the credit card details. But you will still get the Auto Pay reward. Changing the credit card information won't affect that.

@Ivyyang wrote:

i tried maybe more than 5 times yesterday and today. I can use another card if I can change it in the future... 

Accepted Payments For Activation

We accept the following credit cards, issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and registered to a Canadian or American address:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express

We also accept Visa Debit cards. Additionally, you can pay for your SIM card activation with a Public Mobile Payment Voucher. To find a location that sells payment vouchers near you, click here. If you choose to pay for your activation with a payment voucher, make sure to purchase the voucher(s) prior to activating.

ImportantIf you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank. Your address must match exactly the information your bank has on file.

Ivyyang

No charges were applied so far.. 

Ivyyang

i tried maybe more than 5 times yesterday and today. I can use another card if I can change it in the future... 

@Ivyyang wrote:

maybe , I will wait for the moderator to help. Thanks!

In the meantime, you can pop your SIM card in your phone to see if it is working.

Also check with your credit card company to see if any charge(s) were applied.

@Ivyyang wrote:

Do you have another method of payment? Even if you borrow a card you can go back in and change the card information after you've set it up on Auto Pay. But you must wait another hour. The moderators are unfortunately at least 2 days from solving your issue. How many times have you tried?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies.  Waiting later in the day when the site is not as busy will probably allow you to log in.

Ivyyang

@Ivyyang wrote:

After press button for activation ( entered the payment information), it keeps showing Your actiation reques failed and please contact Public mobile for help.

I believe you tried too many times and your credit card is now locked by PM.

Looks like you will have to wait for Moderator_team reply

Or If you have another method of payment, you can retry.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

You must put the computer down. Go make some coffee...wait one whole hour. Relax..? Clear your browser history. Go into secret mode. Remember relax. Take your time. Don't double click. Just let it do it's thing. By letting it reset after an hour you will be able to activate your account. Don't forget the referral number on the first page. Any promo codes go on the pick a plan page. No add ons you get do that once your up and running. You can do This!

Ivyyang

After press button for activation ( entered the payment information), it keeps showing Your actiation reques failed and please contact Public mobile for help.

Ivyyang

Hi Thanks for replying... I used the browser in private.. at my home and at even at work! it is such a frustration for a new user... 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Ivyyang wrote:

I tried many times at different computers to activate the SIm account. Message was sent to moderator but no reply yet... My credit card has no problem... can any one help me with the activation of the account? 

thanks!!

Can you explain what happens? Are you getting an error message? Or website just isn't responding?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ivyyang wrote:

thanks!!

Have you tried to activate and set up your self-serve with your browser in private or incognito mode?  That seems to be an issue and once I went to private browsing it allowed me to complete the process.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.