cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not login with my account

luo2luke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend brought a new pm card in a local walmart, the sales guy said he must activate the card inside walmart, can't take the card back to do it himself. He said that was new PM policy, is that true?

so he did all that and set up his account and phone is working. now at home, he can't login with the email address he provided. When try to use "forget password", system doesn't recognize his email with error message: "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address. "

what can he do to login his account?

11 REPLIES 11

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@luo2luke  Best to submit a ticket verify your account via text and explain the problem and they should be able to verify the email and reset the password.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile do the following: PMST.png

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@luo2luke wrote:

My friend brought a new pm card in a local walmart, the sales guy said he must activate the card inside walmart, can't take the card back to do it himself. He said that was new PM policy, is that true?

That's not Public Mobile policy. It's that salesperson's policy. How can if be policy when this site sells them for $10?

@luo2lukeHe can use *611 and vouchers in the interim. Sounds like you will need to contact the moderators by clicking on the lower right hand corner. Chat with SIMon and once you think he understands you type submit ticket and a support ticket for the moderators will be generated for you. Expect to hear from the moderators in 48 hours.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

New pm policy? It's the first I've heard of this.
If your friend paid $10 for the sim card, he is free to take it home to activate.
However there is free sim offering starting today at participating stores like walmart. Activate a new plan in store and your sim card is free.

It looks like your friend's account was already created. Is he using a gmail account? If yes, check carefully the email from public mobile. The walmart sales guy could have put in an email alias. If nothing works, contact the moderator_team.

luo2luke

now he is stuck here, can't register, can't login. that sucks.

@luo2lukeI think the difference is the staff gets $15 in referral fee from Public Mobile.

luo2luke

new number, the email is correct, his email box did get that activation mail. but as I said above, system won't allow the number to register.

@GinYVR wrote:

@luo2lukeIs he porting a number in or a new number? Also check whether his email is enterred correctly, as that is often a problem.

luo2luke

btw, he brought it yesterday, one day before the promo, too bad 😞

but I really don't like walmart sales guys' behavious, why can't my friend take the bard back to register at home. my friend has told him credit card number to setup all that, now I'm worried if the guy is a fraud?

@luo2lukeIs he porting a number in or a new number? Also check whether his email is enterred correctly, as that is often a problem.

luo2luke

Yes, I helped to try that, but it seems walmart guy has already activated for him.

when I try to do that https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/, after input his phone number: I got:

"The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click"

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@luo2lukeHe needs to create an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

As for whether Public Mobile SIM card is free or not.. it is free for instore activation (it is a promotion see the annoucments section for details)

Need Help? Let's chat.