cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not activate sim card tried different browsers 2 days.Getting "something went wrong" message.

jsarja19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

trying to activate new sim card since yesterday. Keep getting message something went wrong but do not panic. Used different browsers at different times and deleted the history and cache memory. No lucky.

10 REPLIES 10

makola

I had experienced the issues activating two new sim cards over the weekend using the Chrome browser. In the end, I switched to the Internet Explorer and succeeded.

PB needs to fix this very annoying issue or give a warning about this.

redorian965
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have a LONDON DRUGS  store near hou, they can activate a SIM card. The store did for me. The staff there were great for me..

bchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Their website seems to be running very slow. Even if you get lucky to sign into the website anything else you do will result in an error message. We just have to wait it out at this point.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jsarja19 wrote:

im not trying to port in old number, chose from the system. One time it went till the credit card details as well although i can't see any charges on in my CC bank statement by public mobile. During other attempts i was blocked in the early stages like personal details, selecting the number etc.  

What happens when you insert the SIM in your phone? Does it connect to the network? If yes, then I it's activated. Otherwise you will have to wait for the moderators to help you with the activation.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@jsarja19  I suggest you PM a MOD to find out the status of your activation before attempting to activate again.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, contact moderator team for sure, when I did new activation it wouldn't accept my credit card either so I bought a voucher and that helped - so try going out to buy voucher and that will probably help the moderator team fix things for you too.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jsarja19 wrote:

im not trying to port in old number, chose from the system. One time it went till the credit card details as well although i can't see any charges on in my CC bank statement by public mobile. During other attempts i was blocked in the early stages like personal details, selecting the number etc.  

Are you able to log into your account?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jsarja19  I suggest you PM a MOD to find out the status of your activation before attempting to activate again.

Hope this helps.

jsarja19

@jsarja19 wrote:

trying to activate new sim card since yesterday. Keep getting message something went wrong but do not panic. Used different browsers at different times and deleted the history and cache memory. No lucky.

Public Mobile has been experiencing some slows downs and glitches in the self serve and activation system the past few days.

If you never got to entering your credit card number, I would just keep trying.  As long as you don't get a message saying something like "invalid sim card number", it should eventually let you activate.

If you have entered a credit card number and the activation fails after that point, I would go into your online banking to check for any authorized charges placed by Public Moible.  If there are any, it's likley you'll be charged even if the website says that things failed.  If that's the case and they did charge you, check to see if the service attached to the sim card works.

Otherwise, keep trying online to get your activation done.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsarja19  - How far along did it get in the process?  Did your credit card get charged (if using CC)?  Is there service on the phone?  If you did a number transfer, is the number still reachable using the OLD SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.