cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i join a new provider while stuck waiting for PM?

ybickerstaff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am currently without PM services and stuck in "port hell" or "port limbo" as someone at rogers explained. no mods have reached out and I cannot put up with this anymore. I drive a lot for work and went out last night and got lost because I couldn't use my data for GPS. This PM experience has been nothing but hot garbage for me and I am frustrated and wondering if anyone knows if I can just go to another phone company and actually get service? I just want to start a plan elsewhere and get back on the grid
6 REPLIES 6

david_l
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ybickerstaff wrote:
I am currently without PM services and stuck in "port hell" or "port limbo" as someone at rogers explained. no mods have reached out and I cannot put up with this anymore. I drive a lot for work and went out last night and got lost because I couldn't use my data for GPS. This PM experience has been nothing but hot garbage for me and I am frustrated and wondering if anyone knows if I can just go to another phone company and actually get service? I just want to start a plan elsewhere and get back on the grid

So did you end up getting your money back then?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sorry your experince was not a good one. Hopefilly your new plan is better than your old rogers one.   Hoping PM can clean up their act and maybe entice you to come back in the future:)

ybickerstaff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My rogers sim stopped working and rogers themselves told me I was ported out. I believe I have ended my saga with PM and have joined another carrier on a monthly plan 😊

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

doens't your rogers sim still work?  why not just use that till things get resolved.

could you also try to port your number to anoher provider using your rogers info? that would in essence kill the PM port i believe. 

When you talked to Rogers, did they tell you that there is no port request from PM?

if so, maybe you can quickly open up another account with Rogers or elsewhere and port out quickly. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

you could sign up for a prepaid service somewhere for now, but you'll have to get a different number because your port request isnt fully completed. if your mobile number is linked with skype you could try that too

Need Help? Let's chat.