cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls going to voice mail

lindafaye03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

past 2 days my calls have been going straight to voicemail.

i have to shut my phone off wait a minute or 2 and restart my phone, then it seems to work fine.

i have just missed a very important phone call from  my dr this morning that i have been waiting for now for a month.

I have been with public mobile now for a few years,

what can i do to fix this problem

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lindafaye03 wrote:

past 2 days my calls have been going straight to voicemail.

i have to shut my phone off wait a minute or 2 and restart my phone, then it seems to work fine.

i have just missed a very important phone call from  my dr this morning that i have been waiting for now for a month.

I have been with public mobile now for a few years,

what can i do to fix this problem

@lindafaye03 

Try cleaning the contacts of the SIM card gently. And gently blow into the open of the SIM card slot.

Could it be a dud SIM? maybe, but likely a phone (rule this out by trying your SIM in another phone to see if the problem continues), network or account issue.

If the problem still exists, you could check with the Moderators to reset your account or whatever they do.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

lindafaye03
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in Montreal Quebec 

@lindafaye03 

First try toggling airplane mode on/off. You could just have a weak connection to the network.

Log into your account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. This reprovisions your sim card but it will cause a glitch that prevents your rewards from being applied at renewal requiring moderator contact after renewal to have them applied manually. Use this option only if you cannot wait to contact a moderator now to reprovision your sim for you and/or you do not have a significant amount of rewards on your account. 

You can contact a moderator by clicking on the chat bubble at tne bottom right corner of your screen. Type account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box for a little number to show up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Wait times are currently 1 to 2 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lindafaye03 : Are you maybe in Manitoba?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lindafaye03 

Check to see if the setting on your phone is on “Do Not Disturb” setting. Turn it off by going into setting>Disable do not disturb on iPhone or setting>notification>Disable do not disturb.

@will13am wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Try changing your cellular option from LTE to 3G.

The phone should auto switch between LTE and 3G.  

Yes, and it's what you'd expect in an area with decent coverage.

But having it on 3G avoids that switching step. If you are in an area of weak reception that tiny amount of time can be the difference between the the phone reporting back to the tower immediately, saying "I'm available!" vs that response being too slow and calls going directly to voicemail without ringing.

I'm in a weird hole tower wise (interestingly enough it's gotten worse over the past 3 years or so), if I forget to switch to 3G preferred about 80% of my calls are directly routed to VM even if I have a couple of LTE bars showing. If the phone is on 3G it's about 5%.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear you missed a call that was important.

What kind of phone do you have? Have you been using it for the whole 2 years or switched models? I'm wondering if you could do the following:

* Reset the network settings( different steps depending on the device you have)

* If that doesn't work, SIM card may need to be reseated (check for dust/debris in the SIM card holder)

@Triguy wrote:

The phone should auto switch between LTE and 3G.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lindafaye03 , keep a close watch on the connection to the network.  By chance is the phone disconnecting from the network when calls go to voicemail.  The very fact that a reboot solves the problem even if temporarily suggests there is nothing wrong with the account or the local network.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.