cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus 5g data( x2): can it be used on 1 sim card

axk165
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I bought 2 sim cards to take advantage of the 5g bonus data( to be activated by June 16)

i intent to use both cards 

my question is: can i use the 5 g dta( x2)  on just the one sim card?

if so, how do i do this ?

or is it 5g per sim card?

thanks

Agatha

Edit:. Personnel information redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information on the public forum.

2nd Edit: Post moved to Getting Started as not a retail issue.  stonechucker.

16 REPLIES 16

@bchow wrote:

Assuming you activated the 2x SIMs separately and got the data which is marked as an addon. It will be available until it has been used up. Therefore, just keep one SIM around until you used one up then insert the other SIM.

The bonus goes to the accounts created with the sims based on the email used to order the sim.  So you would only be eligible for one 5gb bonus

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bchow

Assuming you activated the 2x SIMs separately and got the data which is marked as an addon. It will be available until it has been used up. Therefore, just keep one SIM around until you used one up then insert the other SIM.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

are you serious?

bchow

@axk165  The short answer is no. The long answer is yes but you need to switch the SIM card after one SIM runs out. Remember the 5G bonus data does not expire.

Enjoy

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can activate with $25 plan for your first month and then switch to the $15 plan in your second month, but in order to get the 5GB add-on you have to start with a ready-made plan that is $25 or up.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

not sure if it was mentioned but each of your sim purchases had to be on different emails or only one will qualify for your bonus 5gb you may possibly get help from a moderator with the other sign up to qualify. good luck

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@axk165 

Each account will get its own 5GB bonus. 

PM prepaid does not have sharing plan similar to the Big-3 sharing/family plan with multiple SIM sharing plan feature.

please be aware that you cannot sign up for the 15 dollar plan it must be 25 or higher but you can change it for you second month if you like

Anonymous
Not applicable

@axk165 wrote:

thanks!!

i am impressed at your quck responses

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here.

Sure, account issues and deep technical problems may take a while...

@axk165 wrote:

thanks for the quick reply

Can this bonus be used on the $15 plan?

@axk165  Yes, if you switch to the $15 plan you will still be able to use it because the add-on is associated with the account and not the plan.

axk165

thanks!!

i am impressed at your quck responses

no sorry 25 and up

axk165

thanks for the quick reply

Can this bonus be used on the $15 plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@axk165 wrote:

Hi

I bought 2 sim cards to take advantage of the 5g bonus data( to be activated by June 16)

i intent to use both cards 

my question is: can i use the 5 g dta( x2)  on just the one sim card?

if so, how do i do this ?

or is it 5g per sim card?

thanks

Agatha

Edit:. Personnel information redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information on the public forum.

If you bought them at the same time in one order then only one of them would be eligible for the promo. If you made two separate purchases then you could always hotspot between the two separate accounts.

As already mentioned though....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@axk165 , the data bonus is issued to each account.  Usage transfer between accounts is not possible. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

no 1 5g per sim

Need Help? Let's chat.