cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking CID on all outgoing calls.

dave99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to block CID from all outgoing calls permanently. All dialed numbers would see 'blocked' or 'anonymous' in place of my cell number. 

My phone's cid feature said that call blocking is disabled by the provider. Can this be turned off by PM staff?

15 REPLIES 15

bagheera

Thanks!

Just say.....if you wanted to block every out every CID, could you add the prefix to your contacts list? 

Also so keep I mind you can do many things to CID if you are using a voip account like voip,ms. 

@softech 

*67 is for blocking caller ID on landlines or the now defunct CDMA mobile networks. - on public Mobile that code is for setting conditional call forward, it won't block caller ID.

Prefixing #31# is the correct way to block per-call.

• Dial *31# by itself to block outbound caller ID for all calls (Prefix *31# to show CID for one call)
  • Dial #31# by itself to show outbound caller ID for all calls (prefix #31# to hide CID for one call)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bagheera 

Yes is it work 

Call Display and Call Blocking (publicmobile.ca)

or you can use a app Text Me,

or Talkatone,

and get a Canadian Second Phone Number for Free, 

Edit:@bagheera

To block your number on iPhone,
1. Go to Settings
2. Tap Phone
3. Tap Show my caller ID.
4. Use the toggle switch to show or hide your number.

To block your number on Android,
1-Open the Phone application
2-Open the menu
3-Select the parameters
4-Click on Call settings
5-Click on Additional settings
6-Click on the caller ID
7-Choose Hide number and your number will be hidden

To reverse this functionality on Android, simply choose "Show number" or "Default network".

@bagheera  Yes, it should work without issue.

You can also use *67 to temporary block your ID being show.

[update: as per @Nezgar , *67 only works on landline]

bagheera

Does anyone know whether the  Call Blocking by dialing ‘#31#’ and then the phone number of who you are calling works for international calls as I would like to purchase the add-on for international calls but would like to keep my number private for those calls.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Try the 'ol *67 before your number.

*67 is the code to prefix for land lines for a per-call block. For Public Mobile and most mobile carriers per-call caller-id block, prefix with #31# - You can edit address book entries to include that in the phone number if there are really only specific people you don't want it to show for.

EDIT; if iPhone...go to settings/phone/show my caller ID (toggle it off).

Once caller ID block default has been set for all calls this way, you can override on a per-call basis by prefixing the number with *31#

Also keep in mind that caller ID is always visible when calling 1-800/toll-free numbers, and often VoIP systems can still see your number as well. (Personally confirmed with VoIP.ms)

@dave99 wrote:

I would like to block CID from all outgoing calls permanently. All dialed numbers would see 'blocked' or 'anonymous' in place of my cell number. 

My phone's cid feature said that call blocking is disabled by the provider. Can this be turned off by PM staff?

There's really no reason to have Public Mobile do it from their end since you can do it on your device.  I see that you've already figured this out, but I highly suggest that you not block your phone number for all calls. I belive that many, if not most people, simply will not answer your phone calls if you do this.

dave99

Thanks everyone for your help. After @NDesai confirmed it was possible, I pulled the sim, cleaned, rebooted and now it works.. Looks like it was a device issue for me. 

cheers!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dave99 

Note:  FYI most users nowadays automatically block calls from unknown sources as spam so if the majority of your calls don't go that's why.

@hairbag1 haha star 67, brings me back to the 90's

@dave99 the only people that my number shows up for are those that have my number in their phone. 

This site shows how to block it with an android phone:

https://www.techbout.com/hide-caller-id-on-android-phone-12735/

dave99

ok thanks for the info.. maybe it is a device issue for me.

dave99

bb q10.

calls>>settings>>show my number

"feature is not available with you service provider"

I am looking for a permanent solution for blocking. Ideally, I would like *31 to unblock when needed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dave99 What phone do you have? I tried Hiding Caller ID option on my Pixel 3 and it works. My calls would show as Private Number when i place a call. So i do not think this feature is blocked by PM.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dave99 wrote:

Try the 'ol *67 before your number.

What kinda phone you using ?

EDIT; if iPhone...go to settings/phone/show my caller ID (toggle it off).

Need Help? Let's chat.