cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing

Mary121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am set up for monthly auto credit card payment. I topped up my public account balance to use this money in the future for add on's, but my monthly bill payment was taken from my public account balance instead of being charged to my credit card. Why is this?

5 REPLIES 5

@Mary121 

Most people want it that way as their loyalty credits, referral credits, autopay credits etc all go into your “Available Funds” balance to reduce the amount added to your credit card every 30 days. Just add some more funds occasionally as you did in the past if needed. Remember that there are no refunds on Prepaid Plans so if suddenly you are off to a different provider for a screaming deal they bring out you will lose any funds that are sitting in your “Available Funds” account including funds you paid for on your credit card.

AE_Collector

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mary121 

Think of your public mobile account like a parking meter or vending machine.

Whether you feed it with actual currency or a credit card - the product will be drawn from whatever funds were already sitting there waiting to be drawn upon.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mary121 That's correct. First your bill is deducted from your available rewards, then - available balance, and if still not covered - from your autopay card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mary121 : Because that's how it works. Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. It only goes to the autopay if insufficient funds for the renewal and only takes what it needs. Some people do what you did intentionally to avoid the possible autopay problem.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

Money comes out from your available funds and rewards before charging your CC, if more is needed and your on autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.