cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to port a number over from koodo prepaid?

diesel85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im new to public mobile and tried porting my number over from my active koodo account but it wont let me any sugestions?

22 REPLIES 22

diesel85

@forza78best way is to just send moderator a private message with all acount details & theyll get back to you and have it ported over super fast

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@forza78, Hello, Thank you for your interest in Public Mobile. It depends on the number,  if it's Koodo prepaid, please do send us a private message with your phone# and PIN# as well as your Koodo phone#  and account#. You may use this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  . If you have a Koodo post paid, please use this post for instructions: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...  . Hopefully this help! Thank you! 

forza78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am trying to transfer from koodo to public . anyone knows what are the steps?

diesel85

got the phone ported earlier this am, I look forward to using public mobile

Thank you

@Anonymouswrote:

Will try to remember that @srlawren & @computergeek541.  However if it is an absolute, why wouldn't they put a small note on the activation page & number change page mentioning this. 

Because they are too busy? Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymouswrote:

Will try to remember that @srlawren & @computergeek541.  However if it is an absolute, why wouldn't they put a small note on the activation page & number change page mentioning this. 

@Anonymous I'm pretty sure there is such a note, at least on the activation page.  That's why people come here asking for help porting their Koodo number.  I'm not sure about the number change page though, it might well be missing the note.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@diesel85, thank you for reaching out to us! Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message.

Cheers 🙂

Aïssata_B

diesel85

thank you all for the help Im just waiting for moderator to get back to me now

Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated previously, Koodo prepaid cannot be ported into Public Mobile unless you get a moderator to do it for you.  It has nothing to do with the browser, cache, incognito mode, status of the number, e-mail address, or anything of the like.  While you should use a different e-mail address than that associated with your prepaid Koodo account, customers cannot initiate this type of phone number transfer from the Public Mobile website themselves.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous Porting in from pre-paid Koodo requires moderator assistance.  Post-paid can be done in the usual way during activation or afterward in self-serve account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, then just wait for the mods to get back to you.

diesel85

@Anonymousyes I did but it just gives me a thing saying that there unable to transfer the number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@diesel85, Did you try @wetcoaster 's suggestion - clear browser cache, and use browser in Incognito/private mode?  Or try another browser in privacy mode.  That could get you going before morning.  Can't hurt to try it.

diesel85

@matbasm

Ok thank you very much I will go and do that and wait till the morning

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ideally, both.  You PM info to identify yourself, and your Koodo info so they can get the port going.

diesel85

@wetcoaster

Thanks for your reply

info for the koodo account or?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

wrote:

Im new to public mobile and tried porting my number over from my active koodo account but it wont let me any sugestions?

You can't use the same e-mail address for Koodo prepaid and Public Mobile accounts (they share some parts of their back end systems)

Once you changed one e-mail address, clear your browser cache and/or use incognito mode in Chrome.

If that doesn't do the trick you should contact the moderator team. They have left the office for today, but, working on a first come first serve basis, they will get back to you asap tomorrow morning.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Edit: @matbasm beat me to it...

diesel85

no i used a different email address then my koodo and I will send a private message to the mods Thank you for your help

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@diesel85, When you set up your account, did you use the same email that's on file with Koodo?  There is an issue when porting from Koodo (which is also part of the Telus family) if you use the same email address.

You will need to send a private message to the moderators team in order to get your port completed.  They will be back on-line at 9AM(EST), and handle requests in a first come basis.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

diesel85

Hi,

thanks for the reply Im just on koodo prepaid so my bill is already paid but it ends in a few days which mods are the best to message on here?

thank you

Elturco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Diesel,

I would suggest the problem isn't with Public Mobile but rather your provider Koodo.

They shouldn't block your number from porting to a different provider regardless if you haven't paid your bill this month or waiting for your bill. Best check with them first, then private msg a Mod here for faster service during your port in.

Best of luck, cheers.

Need Help? Let's chat.