cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to stop texts from Public Mobile?

canadave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting a few texts every month from Public Mobile. One telling me I got my $10 discount as part of my 6-month promo, another telling me that my payment is due, another telling me my payment's been received....is there any way to get these to stop? I don't want or need any of these reminders.

7 REPLIES 7

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@canadave I know for some of the messages you can unsubscribe just by replying "Unsubscribe”

You can unsubscribe from the marketing messages such as the Koodo migration offers.

The messages from Public Mobile such as payment reminders, renewal notices, CCTS information, rewards applied messages, and similar messages cannot be opted out of. 

One solution may be to wait until you receive a message sent by Public Mobile and not to block it, but to simply "archive" it.  Using Android Messages (for people using Android phones), doing this will mean that you will still receive the messages if you decide that you do want the messages and they will be there to look at, but you will not be notifified of the messages and they will be hidden from normal view (unless you open up the archive in the Messages app).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@canadave I'm not sure what texting app you're using.  If you're on Android and using Google's stock Messages app, you can just turn off notifications for the PM contacts.  Open up one of the messages you don't want to keep getting notified of, click the "..." menu near the top right, then Details, then Notifications, and turn off Show Notifications:

Screenshot_20190429-180220.jpgScreenshot_20190429-180154.jpg

I'm sure most other texting apps have a similar feature.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@canadave wrote:

I keep getting a few texts every month from Public Mobile. One telling me I got my $10 discount as part of my 6-month promo, another telling me that my payment is due, another telling me my payment's been received....is there any way to get these to stop? I don't want or need any of these reminders.

You could block the number, but a measure like that could miss out on any migration offer that may be sent via text as well.

This.

Depending on which short code numbers you are black listing or unsubscribing from, you might not get texts like the 75% / 95% data usage warnings either. Personally, buying as much data as I need / using most of the data I'm paying for, these are tools in my quiver to keep an eye on my usage.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any way to stop texts from Public Mobile?

It's easy to just delete the few messages and carry on.  Personally I like the few notes letting me know what's happening.  Cheers

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@canadave  They don't often send text messages. What is so hard to receive a few every month? I just delete the recent text(s), and the chat thread disappears from top of the list. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@canadave I know for some of the messages you can unsubscribe just by replying "Unsubscribe”

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@canadave wrote:

You could block the number, but a measure like that could miss out on any migration offer that may be sent via text as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.