cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another porting from bell

Igec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently a PM customer and now my wife is ready to join. She now is ready to activate sim but wants our landline number to be ported to her phone as we've had it for over 30yrs. My question is, the Bell landline is in my name. Is that going to cause a problem? Should I activate her sim with a new number now under her name or should (or can) I add an account under my own name for her and then port over the Bell number to avoid a problem with the Bell account being in my name.

4 REPLIES 4

seannava

As long as you know the number you want to port, the name the number was previously registered with and the account number of your previous provider, you should be able to port to Public Mobile.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Igec  yes go thru the whole activation, then put the Sim in her phone and check that calls and text sent and receive work and data. After that's confirmed go back in your new self serve account and click on change number and port the Bell landline number. Make sure you fill in the porting page with your name as it is on your bell bill and the account number, that's all you need.   Then while you wait for the porting to complete she will be able to call out from her phone with the landline number but when someone calls that number the call will go to your house until the port is complete.  Once the port is complete she should receive a text from public mobile saying welcome and its complete! 

Igec

Thanks GR!

So step 1: Activate her sim in her name with temp#

Step2: Fill out the porting info even though the billing account does not have her name.

Step3 wait for up to a week for porting to finish

Just trying to avoid endless grief if I lose that 30yr old bell# that telemarketers  constantly call lol

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Igec  no it does not matter!  You can put the account in whoever's name, when it comes to the porting page then it has to be the Bell account holders name and the account number and check the box that says you are authorized to port this number.  You should pick a new number when activating and after it works then go back in your new account and port your landline number because its gonna take a few days to port it!   Also don't forget to use your referral code on her new account so she gets the 10$ credit and you'll get the 1$ a month off your bill 

Need Help? Let's chat.