cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all calls are listed as long distance even my own

eskasoni44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot call anyone, all calls outgoing keep saying they are long distance, even trying to check my voicemail says it is long distance.

How do I notify public mobile to get them to address this?

Does public mobile even listen to or answer the customers, and if not, how do I drop my service and then re-start it in the hopes that afterwards it will be fixed?

I'm not sure if they will see this message, how do I send a message not to a public forum but directly to people who work at public mobile so they can help me, since this is obviously some back end switch they messed up in relation to the account on their part.

26 REPLIES 26

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@surreyboz wrote:

@Tav wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

@eskasoni44, regarding your issue, we all went through this at the beginning.  I made a call to a different city number within the same province and got that "dreaded" long distance message, and I hung up thinking I would be charged for it.  But then I told myself, but my plan is Canada Wide so why would I get a message like this?  Then I checked this forum and saw that pretty much everyone gets this message any time you call outside your city.  Just let the message complete what it's saying, and it'll complete the call and you'll be fine.  Unfortunately this is not something you can request to have removed, at least that's what I've read.

Also, PM, or any prepaid service provider, won't let you use a service that you did not pre-pay for.  For example, if you didn't pre-pay for a data plan, and then you turned on your phone data trying to use the data service, it won't work.  If you were in the US and tried making a call without a US add-on, your call won't work.  So you can definitely rest assure that you won't be charged anything in addition to what you have already pre-paid for.  But in terms of that random long distance message, unfortunately from what I've been told, you can't get rid of it, so I guess you'd just have to get used to it like the rest of us, lol.

In terms of how to reach PM, you'll have to message a MOD, there's no number you can call.  However I don't think there's anything they can do anyways.  But maybe things have changed, try sending them a message, and if it works out please feel free to post it.  Good luck.

I know you are not the Original Poster but I really hope you are not listening to that long distance message each time you call. If you are please dial a 1 in front of the Canadian ten digit number before placing a call. Also to save Canadian & US numbers in your contact list you should be saving them with a plus sign. Like this +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (x mean your ten digit number) 

If you use Android and Googles phone app then placing a 1 or +1 for normal long distance calls in North America doesn't matter since they complete the call regardless. 

Did you even read what I said,? it wasn't the fact if the call goes through or not. It was to avoid having to listen to the long distance recording message before the call connects  Adding a 1 or +1 avoids having to listen to the long distance message recording 

I did read what you said. I'm simply stating that adding 1 or +1 if you are using Googles phone app literally makes zero difference since they auto complete the number thus completely the call for you. In fact, if I try to add a 1 or +1 in front of a number when I hit the call button it automatically removes the 1 or +1 thus making it irrelevant if you use Googles phone app so that message is gonna play or not play depending on whatever is happening on the Public Mobile backend.

surreyboz

@Tav wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

@eskasoni44, regarding your issue, we all went through this at the beginning.  I made a call to a different city number within the same province and got that "dreaded" long distance message, and I hung up thinking I would be charged for it.  But then I told myself, but my plan is Canada Wide so why would I get a message like this?  Then I checked this forum and saw that pretty much everyone gets this message any time you call outside your city.  Just let the message complete what it's saying, and it'll complete the call and you'll be fine.  Unfortunately this is not something you can request to have removed, at least that's what I've read.

Also, PM, or any prepaid service provider, won't let you use a service that you did not pre-pay for.  For example, if you didn't pre-pay for a data plan, and then you turned on your phone data trying to use the data service, it won't work.  If you were in the US and tried making a call without a US add-on, your call won't work.  So you can definitely rest assure that you won't be charged anything in addition to what you have already pre-paid for.  But in terms of that random long distance message, unfortunately from what I've been told, you can't get rid of it, so I guess you'd just have to get used to it like the rest of us, lol.

In terms of how to reach PM, you'll have to message a MOD, there's no number you can call.  However I don't think there's anything they can do anyways.  But maybe things have changed, try sending them a message, and if it works out please feel free to post it.  Good luck.

I know you are not the Original Poster but I really hope you are not listening to that long distance message each time you call. If you are please dial a 1 in front of the Canadian ten digit number before placing a call. Also to save Canadian & US numbers in your contact list you should be saving them with a plus sign. Like this +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (x mean your ten digit number) 

If you use Android and Googles phone app then placing a 1 or +1 for normal long distance calls in North America doesn't matter since they complete the call regardless. 

Did you even read what I said,? it wasn't the fact if the call goes through or not. It was to avoid having to listen to the long distance recording message before the call connects  Adding a 1 or +1 avoids having to listen to the long distance message recording 

Tav

@surreyboz wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

surreyboz

@dna2016 wrote:

@lheintzman wrote:

@eskasoni44 wrote:

This is why I don't want a public forum, your nice, and your opinion is nice, but I don't care....blah blah blah... I do not need this forum... Blah blah blah

Yet here we are with this knob asking for help. While giving everyone the finger. There are farm animals with better manners. 

Makes you wish for an "ignore" button - - probably not in the PM community spirit. Maybe she /he /it needs a hug. 

We can choose just not to reply to posts like this if you don't want to.  Responding and coming back at the poster by calling names doesn't help the situation.  We are not the ones with the service issue.  We can offer advice on things that might help and if they don't want it then we have done what we can but no need to get into name calling.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @eskasoni44,

thanks for reaching out to us.

My name is Mary, I'm one of the senior community mods here and I understand that you may need some help. That being said, I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from posting such messages. We do not tolerate hateful/vulgar messages toward any community user.

Keep in mind that Public Mobile reserves the right to ban a user from the community if one continues to go against guidelines.

Thank you for your understanding,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@929ameer, a 1 signifies a long distance call.  Not an American number.  The area code signifies the geographic location.

Depending on the area covered by an area code, even a phone number in the same area code can be long distance.  For example, calling from Windsor Ontario to Kitchener Ontario, both in the same area code, is a long distance call.

929ameer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is an easy fix for anyone.

Basically when dialling just add 1 before the number and it will recognize it as an american number and the call will be as normal.

Faced the same problem too.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eskasoni44 wrote:

Oh, we're going to be friends now?

You...me?? Heck no! This is for the entertainment of the regulars.

How's that wait going? Enjoying stewing over this support model? Ready to set your hair on fire and go all out ballistic here because you never seem to get a response? That one?

lheintzman

@eskasoni44 wrote:

This is why I don't want a public forum, your nice, and your opinion is nice, but I don't care....blah blah blah... I do not need this forum... Blah blah blah

Yet here we are with this knob asking for help. While giving everyone the finger. There are farm animals with better manners. 

Makes you wish for an "ignore" button - - probably not in the PM community spirit. Maybe she /he /it needs a hug. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

wow nice attitude may I suggest bell or rogers!

eskasoni44

Oh, we're going to be friends now?

Carld123

@stonechucker wrote:

@eskasoni44, sounds like you might be on the $10 limited calling plan with 50 combined incoming and outgoing messages, and 50 outgoing SMS.

If every call is being listed as long distance, your allotment of minutes have been used, and you will need to pay for either the $8 or $15 long distance addon minutes, which will not expire month to month, but will remain on your account until fully consumed.

This community is normally faster than waiting for a moderator to respond, so get off your high horse and accept out offers of hemp, or suffer in a carrier which is not suited for you.

@stonechucker

Thx for the laugh..😄😄👍

Dunkgirl

@Anonymous**bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** you **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**  when **bleep** **bleep** **bleep** since **bleep** **bleep** .... lol 🙂 🙂

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@eskasoni44, sounds like you might be on the $10 limited calling plan with 50 combined incoming and outgoing messages, and 50 outgoing SMS.

If every call is being listed as long distance, your allotment of minutes have been used, and you will need to pay for either the $8 or $15 long distance addon minutes, which will not expire month to month, but will remain on your account until fully consumed.

This community is normally faster than waiting for a moderator to respond, so get off your high horse and accept out offers of help, or suffer in a carrier which is not suited for you.

Edited to remove the offer of hemp, and replaced with help.  Poor vision and autocorrect combine for funny responses occasionally.  Thanks for noticing my door below.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@eskasoni44 wrote:

**bleep** xxxxxx boy, I didn't ask ffor your help, **bleep** off

Have a long and prospereous life with all the time you choose to kill. Wow.

Carld123

@Anonymous

Glad I didnt suggest the tinfoil hat trick..😀😀

eskasoni44

**bleep** xxxxx boy, I didn't ask ffor your help, **bleep** off

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eskasoni44 wrote:

Your right, I am, this has been ongoing for 3 months.  It took me forever to figure out how to just post on here, or that this even existed.

I'm also not your buddy, and you didn't help me, but suggested I waste my time on an issue that is part of public mobiles service agreement to correct.  That was terrible advice.  The woman who listened to my post, directed me to how to resolve my issue was exactly what I stated I needed and wanted and eventually the issue will be resolved by public mobile as it should be.

Whoever said anything about a buddy? Like I said...enjoy the wait. Insist on waiting for a solution when there might be faster ways to get you going. Buy hey...it's your time. Have at it.

eskasoni44

Your right, I am, this has been ongoing for 3 months.  It took me forever to figure out how to just post on here, or that this even existed.

I'm also not your buddy, and you didn't help me, but suggested I waste my time on an issue that is part of public mobiles service agreement to correct.  That was terrible advice.  The woman who listened to my post, directed me to how to resolve my issue was exactly what I stated I needed and wanted and eventually the issue will be resolved by public mobile as it should be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eskasoni44

I see you clicked your solution. Enjoy the wait. It could be a couple days.

Otherwise...try things while you're waiting. But whatever...you're carrying quite the attitude.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eskasoni44 wrote:

This is why I don't want a public forum, your nice, and your opinion is nice, but I don't care.

I need them to correct the issue in the account and public input in no way shape or form can alter their internal database and its settings.

I need someone from public mobile.  I do not need this forum, but this was all I could find to contect them in any way.

Well that's a nice attitude. This IS the support model here. Post a message here. The community of fellow customers can very often get you on your way. If not they'll direct you to the internal support.

For your problem there are a couple things to try that have been known to get people on their way.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Dunkgirl

@eskasoni44 wrote:

This is why I don't want a public forum, your nice, and your opinion is nice, but I don't care.

I need them to correct the issue in the account and public input in no way shape or form can alter their internal database and its settings.

I need someone from public mobile.  I do not need this forum, but this was all I could find to contect them in any way.

@eskasoni44Contact them by private message.  Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

Does this happen to every number? What about a 1-800 number or trying to call yourself? Make sure you are dialing a “1” to the start of each number. If this doesn’t help make sure you still have minutes left / an active calling plan. If it still doesn’t work during the activation you may have had a provisioning issue and need to be corrected by the moderator team. Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.    

eskasoni44

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Don’t worry @eskasoni44 even if you ear a message that will be a long distance that’s not a long distance. Try you will see... you can’t have long distance if you didn’t have pay for them.

Need Help? Let's chat.