cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

added US roaming / data but it's not working

danielcook604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

added US talk and data just before leaving to USA - but it doesnt seem to be working at all? Is there anything that needs to be done on my end?

My Plan

My Plan

This plan includes: -
- 5GB at 3G Speed
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text
$40 per 30 Days

My Add-ons

US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)

6 REPLIES 6

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Roaming feature should be turned on and a connection with a US mobile carrier needs to be made.

@danielcook604I assume you are in an area that has either ATT or TMobile coverage.. don't assume, because US cell coverage is a lot sparser than Canada (also their infrastructure are a lot older).

Make sure your phone's cellular setting is set to select either ATT or TMobile and not Automatic. It takes a while because either provider will have to communicate back to Telus / Public Mobile to check your account eligiblity.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure you power the phone off and try again

danielcook604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

still didnt work 😞

@danielcook604 - I would try to manually select either the AT&T or T-Mobile network.  One might not be working there but not the other for whatever reason.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@danielcook604Make sure Roaming is turned on, also once you are in the States, if you don't have a Band 66 phone you would want to select AT&T as a provider. Tmobile is an alternative but without Band 66 their coverage is smaller.

Also remember when you get back your SMS while you are in Canada will be disabled due to a bug, if that's something important for you, contact the moderators and let them know when you will be back so they can intervene.

Need Help? Let's chat.