cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add ons

RossN
Mayor / Maire

When adding a data add on does it affect the renewal date of your plan in any way?also it states that the data carries over to the next month,is there any time limit in using it I am a very light user of data  thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Yes @dna2016...you are not to blame...it's me I just wanted to try what you said...I like to understand the things!!!Smiley Happy But it's not right to say that you can not pay for another add-on 200 Mb if you still have some data left...I tried and the system did it...but I have lost my data left...

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lieux, what I meant was the same add-on, technically getting the 200MB add-on and then topping up with the other 1GB add-on is perfectly fine.  However if you have the 200MB add-on, but then you want to purchase another 200MB add-on so you have 400MB, you can't do that because that is the same add-on and the system cannot re-apply something you already have.  But the 200MB and the 1GB are 2 different items that the system can apply together.

Yes that's probably right @dna2016 ...I will checkSmiley Wink.I checked and you are right!!! My adds-on was about 110 Mb left but then after I clicked on pay for a new add-on the system has just changed 110 Mb with 200 Mb so I have lost 90 Mb.I have write a message to the mods....but you can have 2 add-ons for data in the same time..I have the one with 200 Mb and the other with 1 go in my account...

Great info thanks

dna2016

@RossN, definitely a great question, luckily add-ons are just as stated, add-ons, and have no effect on your base plan.  So your cycle remains as is.  What I like about add-ons is that, unless stipulated in the fine print, they are not removed until the usage is actually used up.  For example the $8 US & Canada Long Distance of 200 minutes will not disappear until you've used up all 200 minutes (and as long as your account is in good standing).

However you do need to keep in mind some add-ons do have time limits, for example the US Roaming add-ons are only valid for 10 days once activated.  So even if you have data left over, once 10 days are up whatever you had left will disappear.  So if you're getting a roaming add-on be sure to only add it when you are about to leave.

Lastly, regarding these add-ons, I recently learned that you cannot top-up your add-on.  For example, lets say you only have 10 minutes of long distance left and you want to re-add the $8 200 minutes so you'll have 210 minutes, unfortunately you'll have to use up the 10 minutes, then once that's done then you'll be able to go on your account to re-purchase the $8 add-on.  If the system sees that it's already there then you can't re-apply it until it's no longer there.

I hope the additional information was useful.

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am also a very small data user and love the idea of carry-over data from the add-on options. If you find that you are getting closer to using up all your data, simply top up again - no worries!

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just new to Public Mobile and had many questions to begin with. The community is well organized with a great search feature. All my inquiries have been found through a short and easy search!

It appears that others have helped you already, but all I can add is that you can check your data usage by either calling *611 and entering your PIN code, or log in to self serve and check data usage tab.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

ha ha I am probably like your mom in that respect.

Dunkgirl

@RossN wrote:

thankyou all for the quick response this is a great community am starting to settle in thanks to all of you!

We are customers just like you so when you learn something, share something and you will be rewarded with monthly rewards if you do 🙂

thankyou all for the quick response this is a great community am starting to settle in thanks to all of you!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

When adding a data add on does it affect the renewal date of your plan in any way?also it states that the data carries over to the next month,is there any time limit in using it I am a very light user of data  thanks

Buying add-on does not affect your renewal date.

There is no time limit on the roll over of your data to the next 30 days cycle until it is completedly used.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No it does not affect account in any way.

It is valid until used up. Or until your account is closed.  It took my mom 1 year to use 1gb as an example.

Carld123

@RossN wrote:

@RossN

Add ons wont affect your renewal and will roll over over until fully used up..

Need Help? Let's chat.