cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add another cell phone to my existing account

VirginNo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I add another cell phone to my account or do I have to make a seperate account for each phone ?

7 REPLIES 7

furball
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree that it would be benificial to add another phone(for a grandson of a single parent((daughter)))for $15.per month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tores wrote:

It seems rather bizarre that I can't add extra phones under my account.  If there are, for example, 3 extra phones in the house, it seems I have to create 3 new emails in order to be able to pay for them on my credit card.  I can understand submitting new sim card numbers, but new emails?

Are there any plans for Public Mobile to create a system for adding new phones to an existing account?  If not, why not?  There must be many people who have dependents with phones who would like to add phones and pay on the same card without the bother of creating new email accounts and monitoring them for issues.

It's just how it works here. What people do is make multiple emails that forward to one inbox. You can use one payment card for all your accounts. Try to stagger the renewal days though as multiple charges on the same night might be suspect by the card company. But yes you would need to keep an eye on each account separately.

Tores

It seems rather bizarre that I can't add extra phones under my account.  If there are, for example, 3 extra phones in the house, it seems I have to create 3 new emails in order to be able to pay for them on my credit card.  I can understand submitting new sim card numbers, but new emails?

Are there any plans for Public Mobile to create a system for adding new phones to an existing account?  If not, why not?  There must be many people who have dependents with phones who would like to add phones and pay on the same card without the bother of creating new email accounts and monitoring them for issues.

You can transfer your PM SIM card around between any (unlocked) devices you like, without any costs or mods or restrictions. In fact, if it's an option then it's actually smart to test each device this way to confirm there's no snags before actually committing to paid service.

But each SIM card is linked to one account and one phone number. Other carriers can merge things together (and link or share their pooled provisions) on one bill, PM can't.

If you want more than one phone number or simultaneously active devices on PM then each one needs a separate account. At least you can save a few bucks overall through Referral Rewards when setting up second (and subsequent) accounts. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM does not have any family plans.  You can only have one account, phone#, email per sim.

VirginNo

Thanks!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Each number needs it's own sim and it's own account and unique email. You can use the same credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.