cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation problem

rayc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just helped my friend switch from Fido to public.

However, a few things is off, 

1, i can send test messages fairly quickly, but receiving text messages take a noticably longer time

2, i can call out, but no one can seem to call me

3, internet data doesnt seem to work even having set the apn settings

any help would be appreciated. i noticed in the recent posts that something in the public netowkr might be down or something? not sure if this is somehow related and time will fix my issues

12 REPLIES 12

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@rayc  might be the APN settings.what kind of phone do you have?

APN settings should be like below.

If these don't work try leaving the last two MNVOs. Blank.

I see you've edited your advice a little! 😉  👍 

@CannonFodder  just to keep you happy 😂

@Jb456 wrote:

I see you've edited your advice a little! 😉  👍 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rayc  Well now I guess we can officially say Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Enjoy the savings!

rayc

Thanks for the insane quick replies.

Data works now.  It's an iPhone X. 

Surprisingly, on the iPhone XS Max, I didn't need to change the APN settings. It is currently set at isp.mb.com and it works.  But for the iPhone X, I had to change it to sp.mb.com and it works now.

For those with iPhone X or Xs, there is only 1 field to change the APN. No need for all the other fields.

@rayc try restarting your phone. Then send an mms text message. If it works, your apn setting are fine.

@rayc wrote:

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Just an update.

1. texts work now

2. calls work now

3. data still not working. 

i suppose being patient will do the trick. in no hurry. hopefully all the issues on publics end will be resolved asap.

thanks again!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rayc wrote:

Just an update.

1. texts work now

2. calls work now

i suppose being patient will do the trick. in no hurry. hopefully all the issues on publics end will be resolved asap.

thanks again!

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

rayc

Just an update.

1. texts work now

2. calls work now

thanks again!

myofong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I'm having the exact same issue and porting from Fido as well.  Didn't realize it can take that long to fully port a number. It's been less than 12 hours since porting so I'll give it time to fully provision as you stated. Just like to respond to this thread as it's the exact same issue I'm having (and coming from Fido as well) so that I may added myself to this conversation if I'm still having this issue later. Thanks for this answer.

@rayc wrote:

thanks for the quick reply.

i have referred two people to public today. 

just a question about the credit, i will be getting $20? plus $2 for every month theyre in piblic?

You would only get one $10 credit only if you were referred by someone else. That is addition to the $2 from you referring two others.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rayc wrote:

just a question about the credit, i will be getting $20? plus $2 for every month theyre in piblic?

@rayc  Not correct.

The person your referred gets a $10 sign up bonus. Applied within 72 hours of activating..

As you were the one that referred the person. You receive a $1 reward per referral per 30 days for your plan renewal as long as they have an active account in good standing.

You can check your account now. Log in scroll down to "My Rewards". You may see the $1 credit already there. You can also click green button that says my rewards....on next page click the arrow next to "total rewards earned"...it will expand and show you last 4 digits of persons number you referred.

rayc

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did they port from Fido? It can take minutes to hours for the port to complete.

If it's been over 24 hours contact the moderators maybe the port is stuck. Click ? Mark on bottom right to open a ticket for moderators.

1 - could be possible that their network outages are having an affect on text however during a port only some texts work Telus / Koode (I believe) until port is complete and sim is provisened.

2-...Put Fido sim in incoming calls will likely still be going to that sim till port is complete.

3-..yes Canada wide issues last few hours

.it's slowly coming back

Tell your friend. Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.