cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation page down?

discord
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was in the middle of activating my sim card when it appears the site went down. As of 1:23pm I can't seem to load the activation page on any of my devices (laptop, tablet and phone), just a blank white screen when i point my browser to activate.publicmobile.ca . Any help would be greatly appreciated

16 REPLIES 16

ersmith

@LovesToPM wrote:

As far as I can tell, the activation page is working (except with Chrome). I have tried with other browsers and it works.

If you continue to experience issues, try clearing your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

It's definitely not working for me. I've tried FireFox and Chrome, on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux. I've tried a VPN through Vancouver and Toronto, as well as just logging in directly (I'm in Halifax). I've tried private/incognito mode. I've tried clearing the browser cache. In every case, https://activate.publicmobile.ca just shows a blank page.

Strangely enough, https://activer.publicmobile.ca (the French page) shows up fine in most of those scenarios, or at least I haven't experienced any problems with it yet. Which I think indicates that the problem isn't with my local computer/browser but rather on the other end, with the English page. It's curious that it does work sometimes for some people, but it's definitely broken for some of us.

As far as I can tell, the activation page is working (except with Chrome). I have tried with other browsers and it works.

If you continue to experience issues, try clearing your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

And if you are comfortable with French, you can also try the French activation page: https://activer.publicmobile.ca/

PM states that: This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

ersmith

I'm also getting a blank activation page here in NS. Tried it with Firefox and Chrome, with and without private/incognito mode. "View Source" shows nothing, it's like the server just isn't responding (but the browser doesn't complain about that).

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It works in BC on safari on iPad. 

@Rlarocque11  I still get blank screen but I just tried in incognito mode and I was able to get to it... open in incongnito mode and it may work for you.

Toost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I experienced the same problem when activating two SIM's yesterday. Both times I got far enough in the activation process so the CC got charged and the SIM activated. All is working properly now! Hope it all will work for your soon. Try refreshing regularly with empty cache etc like other users suggested.

Rlarocque11

Still down as of EST 1:14pm. Still trying

Blank screen in Quebec. Likely server issues. Wait a bit till it comes back online..

Burttscornerben

Did you clear your cashe and use a private browser?

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Activation page is down in BC. Is all white (blank) on my iPad. I tried both Safari and Google Chrome. 

Burttscornerben

I activated 2 phones yesterday and neither one worked on the first try. You'll have to wait an hour and it helps to clear your cashe and use a private browser window. It takes a while to load too, so don't push any of the buttons more than once.  

@discord wrote:

I never got as far as putting in payment information, I was just at the point where you pick the number. I'm located in PEI, still just getting a blank page when pointing to activation.publicmobile.ca.

Clear your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

If you see the message "Invalid SIM", you will have to wait 1 hour to try again.

Also PM states: 

This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

discord

I never got as far as putting in payment information, I was just at the point where you pick the number. I'm located in PEI, still just getting a blank page when pointing to activation.publicmobile.ca.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Are you in Quebec @discord ? It's working here in Ontario. Could some of our Quebec members confirm if there's a problem there? The only solution is to wait for it to come back up. How far did you get?  Did you apply payment? Was your credit card chaurged? If it was, contact a moderator.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

If the credit card wasn't charged, wait until the site comes back up. When it does, clear your browser history,  go to incognito/ private mode, disable ad blocking and try to activate again. Welcome to PM. 

@discord wrote:

I was in the middle of activating my sim card when it appears the site went down. As of 1:23pm I can't seem to load the activation page on any of my devices (laptop, tablet and phone), just a blank white screen when i point my browser to activate.publicmobile.ca . Any help would be greatly appreciated

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@discord wrote:

Wait for some time and try again later, if doesn't work or your were charged without having a service, contact moderators: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@discord wrote:

If you already entered payment info and were on the final step of your activation, you should check whether your card has already been charged for your plan.

If there are no charges on your card, you can wait one hour to try again (due to SIM number might still be locked by previous activation attempt). It's good idea to clear your browser cache and open a new tab using private/incognito mode.

If your card was charged, you should check your SIM to see if it is working and logon your self-serve account to check that it has been setup.

Need Help? Let's chat.