cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation issue

esthersunlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activated my phone and get a new number, but the phone does not work. I contacted Koodo to unlock my phone and they gave me an code to unlock, but I do not know what to do with that.

12 REPLIES 12

esthersunlin

Thanks. I did not cancel it. I have transfered it successfully finally!!!! It took me hours to get my phone work!

@esthersunlin, it is now too late to keep your old number, as you had it cancelled by Koodo (if I'm reading your posts correctly).

As you created a new number on Public Mobile, if you told Koodo to cancel your account, your old number has been returned to the either the 'holding bin' or to the general pool of available numbers for the original carrier who provided that number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esthersunlin wrote:

It finally works. I restared the phone. I would like to keep my old number. Do I need to send a private message?

Are you on Koodo prepaid?

If yes, you need to send a private message to moderator to port a Koodo prepaidnumber to PM.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you are porting a Koodo postpaid number to PM, login to your account and select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ] to port your number to PM.

esthersunlin

It finally works. I restared the phone. I would like to keep my old number. Do I need to send a private message?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esthersunlin wrote:

I can t do anything. I called them and they said I do need a code to unlock and they gave me the code.

If you insert your new PM SIM card and your phone did not ask for unlock code, it is not locked phone issue.  As other had pointed out that locked Koodo phone will work with PM.

Login to your PM self-serve account.

Is your account status active on the overview page?

Is you phone showing "Public Mobile"?

esthersunlin

Finally, I restarted the phone and it works!!!

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esthersunlin wrote:

I can t do anything. I called them and they said I do need a code to unlock and they gave me the code.

@esthersunlinYou need the unlock code if you go to wind, or rogers. Koodo and public mobile uses the same network so the unlock code is not needed. If you put a rogers sim card in the phone it would ask for an unlock code. This is already the same network as koodo. If the phone needed the unlock code it would ask you to enter it.

Did you open up the phone, remove the Koodo sim and insert the new public mobile sim? If yes, then go to network settings and do a manual network search and let us know what you see. If you see public mobile, click on it.

esthersunlin

GreatCanadian

If your phone worked on Koodo, you do not need it unlocked for Public Mobile. It will work. So that's not your issue.

More information is needed. I assume you cannot send/receive texts, make/receive calls, or use internet on your phone. Is that correct?

GC

esthersunlin

I even received an email to confirm the plan I chose. 

esthersunlin

It says Emergency Calls Only. I called Koodo and they gave me an unlock code. 

Dunkgirl

@esthersunlin wrote:

I have activated my phone and get a new number, but the phone does not work. I contacted Koodo to unlock my phone and they gave me an code to unlock, but I do not know what to do with that.

@esthersunlinKoodo phone should still work with public mobile even if locked. What exactly is not working? What plan did you activate? Does your account status say active? Are you on a network or does your phone say "Emergency Calls Only" or "No service" ? Have you tried manually connecting to the public mobile network?

Need Help? Let's chat.