cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation issue

Eunmi75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just finished activation and i keep my old phone number. However, my phone is not in service now. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Triguy wrote:

If you ported your phone then it can take a few hours.  You need to put your sim from your previous provider to confirm a text message for the port request.

That few hours applies to the time for porting to complete.  However, the Public Mobile phone/SIM card shouldnt' be out of service.  That's another issue altogether. 

@Eunmi75 

When you say that your phone is not in service, can you clarify if that means that you have no service when using yoru Public Mobile SIM card, that you've cancelled the service at your old provider, or that an error message about your phone number being out of service when you call it, or if you mean something else?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eunmi75 wrote:

I just finished activation and i keep my old phone number. However, my phone is not in service now. 

@Eunmi75 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eunmi75 

do you receive message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES. do you !!

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you are missing put it back your old sim card and rebooking your device is will coming that SMS, to you can reply YES,

and if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

sorry.. tapped wrong on my phone earlier.

you replied to text from your previous provider yet?  you have to reply within 90 minutes.

put the old SIM in a phone and see if you missed the text 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Eunmi75 

Keep your old carrier SIM card in your phone.  You may get a confirmation text from your old carrier confirming the port request. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you ported your phone then it can take a few hours.  You need to put your sim from your previous provider to confirm a text message for the port request.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.