cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation issue + customer service phone PM

cristina2022
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I tried to activate a SIM card, payment was charged on my credit card but says payment unsuccessful. Checked with credit card company, it was charged 3 times. Went back to Public mobile, no way to 1) verify the activation was completed or 2) talk to a customer service, apparently all is online.  I am already regretting my choice for PM.

If possible, 3 question:

1) How I can talk to Customer service at Public mobile, any phone # ?

2) How I can make sure the activation + phone numbers are working? 

3) if nothing works how I can cancel the "activation" or plan ?

Many thanks !

Cristina

10 REPLIES 10

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

@cristina2022 

You've received all the correct/best information to address the various issues you've encountered as a new customer.

I do have one question though - did you research your decision in advance of activating with public mobile? It's no secret that all service is online. 

EDIT:   I actually believe that for NEW customers there should be telephone customer service until your services are completely activated, then all online.  Much the same as one would receive for in-store activations.

I belive that all customers should have phone customer service all the time. Public Mobile says that they do it to cut costs and make the plans better, but the plans aren't better.

@HALIMACS wrote:

I actually believe that for NEW customers there should be telephone customer service until your services are completely activated, then all online.  Much the same as one would receive for in-store activations.

I can't agree more.. activation is the most important source of new income.. how can you let them on their own and provide no support?  or tell your new user that they have to wait 24-48 hours for activation support??   I find that  activation process  error out quiet ofteb and give new users LOTS of confusion, PM should really look into improving the activation experience.

On the other hand.. i don't understand how PM will charge the credit card twice.  I did see that before when ppl activate in a kiosk, first activation showing fail (in fact, it wasn't.. ) the mobile agent used a new SIM to fill in the activation from again and caused a 2nd charge..

but i assume @cristina2022  was activating online and have 1 SIM card.. she likely can't activate a 2nd time with the same SIM to caused a 2nd charge...  

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cristina2022 :Don't regret joining Public because you'll save money and once you get things working everything will be fine - the moderator team will fix any payment issues and get your service working, all companies have same issues activating and with payment over charges and waiting on hold on phone for hours is not so much different than waiting for online reply for moderator team to credit you for any mistakes, but at least in the meantime this community forum can help keep you company and maybe answer some questions while you wait.

I had to wait over a day to get my activation going too and once the moderator yeah fixed everything I never regretted porting to Public because after almost 3 years and all the rewards within those 3 years saving money and no problems with my phone ever since.

Here is the link to my thread about my activation problems and how it was solved:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-... 

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you checked your sim in your phone and see that the activation was successful, you can call to check the balance available in your account.  If you were charged 3 times, you should have a balance in the account, call 855-478-2542, enter your cell number and press 4 to hear your balance. If you don't have a balance in the account, you can contact the credit card company to cancel the payment on their end, especially if it was just done today online.  Charges to a credit card are not completed right away, it usually takes 3 business days to post onto your account and release the funds to the merchant, the payment(s) should be showing as "pending" on your credit card, these can be corrected at the credit card company.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cristina2022 

You've received all the correct/best information to address the various issues you've encountered as a new customer.

I do have one question though - did you research your decision in advance of activating with public mobile? It's no secret that all service is online. 

EDIT:   I actually believe that for NEW customers there should be telephone customer service until your services are completely activated, then all online.  Much the same as one would receive for in-store activations.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

To cancel your account, you can remove your credit card if you have autopay setup.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cristina2022 wrote:

Hi,

I tried to activate a SIM card, payment was charged on my credit card but says payment unsuccessful. Checked with credit card company, it was charged 3 times. Went back to Public mobile, no way to 1) verify the activation was completed or 2) talk to a customer service, apparently all is online.  I am already regretting my choice for PM.

If possible, 3 question:

Many thanks !

Cristina

Hi Cristina,

Sorry, no phone number for Customer Service (unless you ported over a number and the port is stuck, there is a unique number for that).

@kb_mv provided steps for the quickest way to contact Public Mobile Representatives by using SIMon.

2 – Slower Method is by using this link:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

As @JK8 said insert SIM and try it out.

If no services, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

You can cancel with Public Mobile by porting your number to another provider OR pull/remove any credit card attached to the account and it will close automatically 90 days after the next renewal is due to be paid.

If you really were charged 3 times, that is unfortunate. But stick around and that balance you paid should be added to your "Available Funds" and will be used up for future renewals.

Let us know if you have any service.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@cristina2022 wrote:

Hi,

If possible, 3 question:

Many thanks !

Cristina

@cristina2022 There is no customer service number at PM, all help is done online. Have you tried putting the sim into your unlocked phone and restarting it? Sometimes people find that the service is working after experiencing what you described. If you need a moderators (PM employee) help:

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@cristina2022 

If your credit card was charged put the sim in your unlocked phone and reboot.

If activation was not successful try the live chat for activations:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.