cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation failed

glenslinger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I received a text from number 14005000205: "Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!"

However, I still cannot make calls, nor send or receive texts.

I have tried restarting my phone. Still nothing. 

I have tried accessing my profile on My Account. Still can't. I'm getting frustrated, and certainly don't feel "welcome".

I have contacted the Moderator TEam 5 times. From what I can see, the last time someone from this "Moderator Team" posted was on Friday last. I certainly appreciate the cheaper plans you offer, but no customer service is frustrating.

Can anyone help with this?

I began the process of signing up about 20 hours ago!

8 REPLIES 8

glenslinger

All sorted! Thanks Carlos!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to say that reponses from Moderators take (too much) time.... I'm recently back to PM and this is certainly disappointing.

Either way -  you should be good once activated, hopefully you're setup soon!!

GO RAPS!!!!!

@glenslinger wrote:

when dial *611 PM message saying account temporarily suspended, need payment. My credit card shows payment posted yeaterday.

@glenslinger  Your best option is to notify the moderator team to resolve your issues. Maybe when you setup your account there was a typo when entering your email and that is why you are unable to login. Sounds like there are provisional issues with your account or a problem with activation so best let the moderator fix it on the backend. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Edit: If you don't hear back in 48 hours keep sending them another message for a status update. Also include all the info that you provided here.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon. Smiley Happy

@glenslinger 

Can you try your SIM card in your wife's phone?  If it is not working, something went wrong with activation and moderators are need to help fix the problem.  

glenslinger

when dial *611 PM message saying account temporarily suspended, need payment. My credit card shows payment posted yeaterday.

glenslinger

I signed up online. 

I have Samsung Galaxy A5- same as my wife who is already with PM. 

I cannot login. Won't recognize my email. Tried new account, but wont take my phone number- says invalid, or already existing account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@glenslinger wrote:

So, I received a text from number 14005000205: "Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!"

However, I still cannot make calls, nor send or receive texts.

I have tried restarting my phone. Still nothing. 

I have tried accessing my profile on My Account. Still can't. I'm getting frustrated, and certainly don't feel "welcome".

I have contacted the Moderator TEam 5 times. From what I can see, the last time someone from this "Moderator Team" posted was on Friday last. I certainly appreciate the cheaper plans you offer, but no customer service is frustrating.

Can anyone help with this?

I began the process of signing up about 20 hours ago!

@glenslinger  Did you signup online or at the store? The text you got was regarding your port being setup by PM. What you are describing suggests that there may be a problem with your plan or account. Here are a couple of questions for you:

1.  If you dial *611 on your phone what happens?
  2.  What is the make and model of your phone?
  3.  Did you setup a selfserve account? If yes, can you login? If no, what error are you getting?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@glenslinger 

Can you try your PM Sim card in another phone?  To see whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue.   Is your old carrier SIM card still working?

Other possibilities is locked phone to previous carrier?  incompatilbility of phone ot PM?  Which model phone?

Moderator wait times are 1-2 days, so hopefully, you should get a response today.  

Need Help? Let's chat.