cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation failed for new sim

irisxiaolu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to activate a new account for my dad. But after putting in my payment method, I got the following error message. Tried twice and the same error. I am pretty sure the card info. entered is correct. Thank you!

Capture.PNG

21 REPLIES 21

irisxiaolu

I figured out the issue was with my father's email. The activation was successful when I used an email address of mine. 

I have not heard back from the moderators yet...that is taking a long time. I guess it is more efficient to ask questions here or try to figure it out myself!

irisxiaolu

@Anonymous wrote:

@irisxiaolu wrote:

@Eddy_G I hope Eddy could advise here...

It's better to send a private message to them here and you'll get a form back to fill out identifying information.

I will. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irisxiaolu wrote:

It's better to send a private message to them here and you'll get a form back to fill out identifying information.

irisxiaolu

@irisxiaolu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Now I have to wait another 50 minutes before I could give it another try...

If you can log in to those other accounts that the problem credit card is being used then check all the address info to make sure that what you're trying now matches. Case, punctuation, symbols, no space in postal code, don't use unit #.

I used a brand new credit card. It did not work.

I think it’s time to write a message to the moderator if you didn’t do it... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to and give them details of your problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irisxiaolu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@irisxiaolu wrote:

If you can log in to those other accounts that the problem credit card is being used then check all the address info to make sure that what you're trying now matches. Case, punctuation, symbols, no space in postal code, don't use unit #.

Same things to make sure of as above.

Trying multiple times on one card might trigger a lock out due to the system thinking there might be a fraud happening.

irisxiaolu

@Anonymous wrote:

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@irisxiaolu wrote:

irisxiaolu

irisxiaolu

Another attempt failed. Used a different credit card. Used different name in the account. Still in incognito mode. 

irisxiaolu

Gave it another try with the incognito mode, changed the account name to match the credit card number. It was the same error. I am going to try to use a different card now.

irisxiaolu

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Lieux, and @irisxiaolu , I haven't had any issue using my card for other peoples accounts.  As long as your billing address when you put in the payment information is the same as what is on file with your credit card there shouldn't be any issue.

How many accounts have you successfully used the same credit card to activate?  Have you been able to cross the 3 account limit?

This is the third account. I activated one for my mom. I just remembered that I used my credit card there as well. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Lieux, and @irisxiaolu , I haven't had any issue using my card for other peoples accounts.  As long as your billing address when you put in the payment information is the same as what is on file with your credit card there shouldn't be any issue.

How many accounts have you successfully used the same credit card to activate?  Have you been able to cross the 3 account limit?

irisxiaolu

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Thank you for the input! I will keep you updated on the progress of my activation.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@irisxiaolu wrote:

I guess I have to wait a bit before I try again...Capture.PNG

Yes it happens when too much trial...Smiley Frustrated

irisxiaolu

@Eddy_G wrote:

Hi there irisxiaolu

You can also try either a different card or a voucher if different browser or incognito mode doesn't help.

Eddy

PM Mod

Yes, I will give it try as well if everything does not work. Thank you!

irisxiaolu

I guess I have to wait a bit before I try again...Capture.PNG

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

Hi there irisxiaolu

You can also try either a different card or a voucher if different browser or incognito mode doesn't help.

Eddy

PM Mod

irisxiaolu

Oh, that might be the issue. I used my credit card for my dad's account. Let me try again. Thank you!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@irisxiaolu wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to activate a new account for my dad. But after putting in my payment method, I got the following error message. Tried twice and the same error. I am pretty sure the card info. entered is correct. Thank you!

Capture.PNG

Did you try in a different browser or in incognito mode? It can help.

And the information on the card need to be the same as the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.